1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Jalopnik: This Lifted Prius Trolls Jeeps

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by a_gray_prius, May 5, 2018.

1. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Article: This Lifted Prius Trolls Jeeps

Ashlem, noonm and pilotgrrl like this.
  2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've taken the Prius on lots of offroad stuff. It does eat pretty much anything else out there just because most people drive stupidly big trucks and Jeeps. The Prius is narrower than those and can do down trails and not be in the wheel ruts. For going across smaller rivers, putting it in EV mode with the button add-on is awesome. I've taken the Prius down trails where only 4WD vehicles are and people always wonder how it got there and "know it will never make it out". Uh huh...

3. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Prius rocks! Or should that be Prius eats rocks?

4. SilverTurd

SilverTurd New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hey all. I'm driving a 2007. I've moved out to the boons and with this I finally have a better reason to get back to bad habits as far as putting lifts and big tires on things that shouldn't have them. My current tires are bald and I've ordered the 40mm lift from Tema4x4 so now is the time for larger tires. I'm sticking with the stock 15's. My issue is is I've been sifting through threads on tire sizes for days and using different calculators on line with no luck. I've seen as big as 205 60r15 mentioned as working but what about 65r15, 70r15 or 75r15? Will these hit the coil base in the front? Like I said I've done all the measuring I can but lots of mixed info from different threads and online calculators. Keep in mind this is just for fun the car ita self will never see more than a gravel road and the goal is to get somewhere in the ballpark of 3inches of total lift between kit and tires. Thanks in advance.

Prius Pete likes this.