1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured January 2017 Plugin Sales

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Feb 4, 2017.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Some here kept claiming & claiming Volt II was NOT really meeting what customers would want, compared to, and once Prime sales came to town.

[​IMG]

seems ok to me
    and if one counted both X&S tesla sales together, even the Volt would get nudged out for 1st place.
    then again - if you smushed volt AND bolt together ... GM would be kicking everybody's can down the street.
    :eek:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    prime is just getting started. get out the way.:cool:

Data Daedalus likes this.
  3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Tortoise & the Hare, eh?
    Go Aesop's !!
    (y)
    EDIT;
    i didn't even KNOW the Porsche suv came in a plugin version! Maybe that'll put pressure on making a plugin Lexus RX ... or at LEAST the RAV?
    Only 14 miles range ... not exactly something to sneeze about. And 5.4 seconds 0-60mpg .... that's a far cry from Porsche's (out of production) plugin 918 that'd do 0-60 in only 2.2 seconds.

#3 hill, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  4. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Yeah, it's still in limited rollout while the Volt (but not Bolt) has been available nationwide since the fall. Still no primes available here in Texas.

Data Daedalus and bisco like this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the same could be said for the bolt, but i don't expect bev to keep up with phev. yet.

6. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The Leaf and gen1 Volt were regularly swapping first place on this scorecard. Don't know why Nissan has gone with a longer product cycle for their BEV, but the gen2 Leaf should be among the top places when it arrives.

Prime sales are being held back by supply, which leaves two questions unanswered. Will sales growth steadily continue, or will it slump after the initial demand? How much of its sales will be at the expense of the Prius?

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    right, and we won't know for a good year or more. as always, hov stickers pollute the statistics for all qualified vehicles.

8. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    918 was limited production, that allowed them to charge so much and make it profitable. I'm hoping porsche uses what they learned and make a BEV/PHEV modified platform for the boxter. I think 5 seconds to 60 is the proper bench mark for a well handling roadster. They don't need a lot of the expense of the 918. Hell I think it should be aluminum and steel to keep costs down, but the bmw i8 will still be prettier in its carbon fiber.

Tesla will be number one in march. The low sales in January are because they shifted december sales domestic, now they are shipping to the international customers. March will be the domestic month of the quarter.

Glad to see the prime and volt doing well.

I would say the leaf, prius phv, and volt were the hares, and tesla is the tortoise, steady 50% worldwide growth to beat the big autos that got something out fast. We will see if it really wins the race by how good the model 3 is.

9. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Porsche's future platform development, the future of their classic 6-ctl normally aspirated engines and hybrid hints here.

"A hybrid 911 will also be introduced to the range in 2020. It will run the flat-six with an electric motor providing limited all-electric and performance-boosting functions."

2019 Porsche 911 launch date, specifications, interiors | Autocar India - Autocar India

As for the 918, I know where I can get you one for between $1.4M and $1.7M. They had a mere $850k or so MSRP.

austingreen likes this.
  10. Toppcat

Toppcat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Wait till KIA Nero hits the market, they planning to offer plugin and AWD versions all back with 10 year warranty!

11. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    No, wait for the Ioniq that does everything wonderfully!

This is the familiar "Beta-ware" claim that was used to suppress sales of real products for the promise of some future 'perfect' car.
    • Never let perfect be the enemy of good enough.
    I am reminded of a story during the Soviet nuclear program. A commissar came in bragging that 'we have achieved a greater purity of U-235 than the Americans.'

The Soviet scientist sighed and said,"But the Americans only purified it enough for a bomb."

Bob Wilson

12. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Except the Ioniq and Niro are available for purchase in South Korea, Europe, and possibly other markets. We even have owners posting about the Ioniq here.

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hopefully the moderators will realize the Ioniq and Niro are "Other Cars" and relocate those threads and posts to the appropriate forum. Meanwhile "ignore user" is an effective "troll be gone."

Bob Wilson