1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Japanese prius odo conversion

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by moha777, Oct 16, 2020.

1. moha777

moha777 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I have a Japanese import prius and is gen 3 2009 model need to convert speedo from kms to miles.has anyone has experienced using this below device and passing mot and successfully registered the car in uk.appreciate your advice.thank you

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Rocky Mountain Priusman

Rocky Mountain Priusman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Tell the inspectors to multiply times 0.62. They should even already have a calculator app on their phone that can perform this type of equation.:ROFLMAO:

Odd that they make you do that to pass inspection. In Canada tons of people import vehicles from USA - newer ones have to conform to canadian standards and sometimes need modifications, but they never make you change ODO units. Most people can do the math in either direction.

EDIT

I realize you are talking about speedo not odometer. Our Prius' have a handy KM/MI conversion button in North America (perhaps the Euro versions have that as well). I am assuming the Japanese one doesn't have that?

3. balbon

balbon New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Tylko wymiana licznika kilometrów dla wersji i korekcji przebiegu.