1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL center channel speaker

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by misslexi, May 6, 2008.

1. misslexi

misslexi Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone know what sort of center channel speaker is used by the Prius JBL system? Also, any idea what sort of frequency range it's fed with?

I just replaced the stock system with a BT Pioneer head unit, Focal polyglas speakers, JL amp etc. I do miss what the center channel speaker does with the JBL system and would like to try and incorporate it.

2. John Milo

John Milo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    As far as I know it does nothing but screw up the stereo imaging. Your new set-up will sound much better without it.

3. wbredin

wbredin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I second that. I just replaced all the JBL door speakers with Infinity reference, added B-quiet, and threw a sub in the hatch area. I disconnected the center channel in order to really take advantage of the clarity the new speakers deliver... Without the center channel there, it is 100% better with aftermarket speakers. The only thing i want now is another aftermarket amp to power the infinities..

4. misslexi

misslexi Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've yet to hear anyone who liked the JBL center channel.

I've heard systems in the past where a center channel made a significant improvement to the soundstage.

Anyway, it sounds like whatever I decide on, the stock JBL center speaker needs to go away.