1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL e7022 buttons not working, but touch screen is fine.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CLJOKLA, Apr 4, 2022.

1. CLJOKLA

CLJOKLA New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, I bought a used 2010 Prius. The LCD on the e7022 Nav/Stereo had been hit by something and the digitizer and LCD were both broken. All the mechanical buttons seemed to work. So I could turn on the radio and change the station, however since the display was broken I couldn't tell what station was playing.

I managed to find replacement parts and took off the display, took it apart and replaced the LCD and digitizer. Now the touch screen works fine, and the voice commands and steering wheel controls work, even the backup camera is working. But now the mechanical buttons and knobs on the radio don't work, except for the eject/close button. So the AM/FM/SAT/CD/Seek/Track/DEST/Map/etc... all don't work. Along with the Volume and Tuning knobs. Fortunately I can use voice command "audio off" to turn the radio off, and the menu button on the steering wheel turns it back on again.

Has anyone had the mechanical buttons and knobs go out? Any thoughts on what might be causing it to not work. I have taken the display back off and reseated the ribbon cables and put it back on. Is there some reset option I need to do to get everything back on line?

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas!

Chris

2. Vijay Jayaram

Vijay Jayaram Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a whole E7022 unit available if you are interested in buying.