1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL Greenedge questions.....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by G Man v5, Apr 9, 2015.

1. G Man v5

G Man v5 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow, the more I research this, the less I seem to know. Lots of conflicting information on the "Greenedge" System. Contacting JBL was fruitless, as they claim they have no information at all on the Greededge System since it is "OEM".

Toyota was even less helpful. They suggested I contact a dealer to get specific tech info on the amp/speakers... Right!

My main question is upgrading the door/tweeter to a component system, such as the Amazon.com : Infinity 609CS 270W (Peak) 6-1/2 x 6-3/4 Two-Way Component System Speakers (Pair) : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics or the Amazon.com : Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 6-3/4" component speaker system : Component Vehicle Speaker Systems : Car Electronics

Both of these are rated at 2 ohm...(supposedly).

From what I've read, and JBL claims that the system is an 8 channel amp. Has anyone ever verified this? And that each channel is crossed over and equalized via the HU and the Amp. I've also read that is really just a 4 channel amp, and the speakers, (front and back) are wired in Parallel. Can anyone confirm or deny this? This is the only info I've found online: Sites-JB-US-Site

If it is actually an 8 channel amp, and if I go with a component system, is it necessary to use the included crossovers? I"m thinking not as the "channels" are already frequency limited.

Also, does anyone have a link to a video or good instructions, (not in French) to access the tweeters in a "v".

Thank you.

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Infinity Kappa are superior quality drivers.

WE0H likes this.
  3. Evoking

Evoking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Did you install some?