1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JDM CD Box, Auto-Mate & All-Season Floor Mat

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Areometer, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    [​IMG]

The CD Box can house 2 CDs (in cases) + a few MDs with push-botton spring-release door. Exact charcoal color to match our Prius interior.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Question, what the heck is that thing in the 12V outlet?

oh and also, if I have a 2-prong thing that I wanna plug in, is there such an adapter from 12V 2-prong to the cigarette lighter plug?

3. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The cigar-shaped thingy is the * AUTO-MATE * - a negative ionizer to purify the cabin air & to enhance the filtration capability of our cabin filter.

You want to use 110V electrical devices in your car? You need an inverter which is available from your local auto shop. Or are you talking about something else?

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ohhh I see

Oh, no I just found this set of lights that I wanna use as footwell lighting but it's from IKEA haha so it has a 2-prong plug. The adapter said 12V, 0.1A though.

5. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Why would you like to do that? Because of pricing or do the IKEA ones look better? We will have alternative non-JDM footwell LED lighting in a month or so.

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    pricing and the fact that those are round discs and also I didn't know you were gonna stock LED lighting lol.

What's the est. price? I want it installed like BMcGraw so that I can have it come on with the dome lights but argh I don't trust the kids around here at Futureshop or Best Buy. If I had an Integra maybe but bring a Prius in and I'm afraid they'll mess up.

7. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry for the late reply, there are so many choices from this particular German brand that can be used as footwell lighting. But 2006 availability list won't come out until mid of Feb. So stay tuned.

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Alright. Are they LED or neons? I realise LEDs will be costlier.

9. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    They are mostly LEDs and some are UMDs - a newer & much thiner lighting technology from Germany. Once I have more definite pricing & availability, I will let you guys know.

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  11. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I can import any JDM accessories as long as you provide me with manufacturer links like the above, my connection is not limited to Toyota or Prius accessories. So if you want to try any of these, let me know, my next JDM order cutoff date is Feb 5th.

Edward

12. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Aerometer -

While we have your eyeballs... any reponse from this thread?

Turns out that the pint that's crimped onto the end of the wire isn't the proper one? Any chance of getting that changed to save some folks some time and hassle? Thanks!

13. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am still working on it. Tony has been nice enough to work with me on this one. So far, our verdict is that I supply one unnecessary part that he didn't use at all cos' it's already present inside the car and the pin is not of the right size but spare ones can be obtained from underneath the steering wheel area. This is not final yet, I am still working on it. But the existing kit doesn't stop you from making the EV Switch feature a reality. It's just that you have to know where to find the right pins - once again, they are inside your Prius already! Isn't that cool/weird? ;)

To minimize confusion, I may just omit the two aforementioned parts totally & drop the price a lil'. We shall see.

14. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks much! Not a real biggie if folks KNOW the issue, I agree. Thanks to Tony, I wouldn't be standing around pulling my hair out for TOO long. :) Would obviously still be quite handy to have the correct pin all crimped on and ready to go in the first place, but if the right pin can't be supplied, I agree that it would be best to leave it out entirely to avoid frustration. I appreciate your attention to these details... and for the great products.

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Oh I see. Well, would you be able to quote me a price on that? I assume there are charges above the ¥10,000 price? Cause that converts to ~$98 CAD which is very reasonable for 4. Also, will there be installation instructions? What's included?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm not very good with circuits and electronics. I barely made it through the EV mod (Coastal's) so I'm treading on fresh turf here so the installation will have to be as easy/straightforward as possible without any fancy soldering or cutting of wires. Also, as a college student, my budget is limited so I'd do it if I only know it'll work (not sure what's the difference between that and the Prius' green version).

16. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

just buy it and we'll put it in.

17. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Tideland Prius, please check your PM. Thanks.

18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you done this before? The installation may not be the same as the JDM Prius lighting.

19. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Jon, we finally launched the German brand - Folia Tec, they have footwell lighting in Neon, LED, Fluorescent & even SMD (not UMD). Check 'em all out here: FOLIA TEC

WARNING, very big images so dial-up users beware!

20. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Impressive. Kinda hard to see how some of them look like and their exact functions.