1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JDM / Japanese VIP Styling: My Prius III Build

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by HAWAIIANBUILT, Sep 30, 2010.

1. PUREADDICT

PUREADDICT New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just finished all 48 pages lol.

Some stuff I liked, some stuff not so much, but this build wasn't for me. This build was for you and you followed through with your own vision and that's passion at its finest.

Either way, it was refreshing witnessing a build from a such a positive person such as you Rodney.

Congrats!

GtoApri and itommytang like this.
  2. itommytang

itommytang Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome build thread. I liked that you modded a Prius like you would a "weekend" car. Most people only go so far because it's their daily.

Quick question for you, I love the stance you achieved with your ssr wheels. What is your camber front and rear when at driving height, and when lowered. Could you provide a shot showing what the stance looks like at driving height? I ask because I want to get wheels in similar spec to yours but I'm going static.

3. HAWAIIANBUILT

HAWAIIANBUILT Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

HEY THERE PUREADDICT !!!

:):):):)

Thanks for the kinds words ... much appreciated !!!

I learned many things with the HB II build and like you because of personal preference, I've kept some things and some things I did not.

Finding a particular style is an on going process that evolves. The HB II ride is where I feel it should be at this time and I am happy to have shared it with everyone !!!

Who knows what will evolve next ??!!

Rodney

4. HAWAIIANBUILT

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

HELLO ITOMMYTANG !!!

I appreciate the support !!!

In regards to my suspension setup ... I am not currently running any front or rear camber plates / bolts.

I can work on getting pictures for you as soon as possible !!!

Rodney

5. BadAssPrius

BadAssPrius I got to make my Prius stand out all on its own!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Thanks for this info man, i'm so doing it to mine, i live in a snowy city, but even in the snow the rear wiper doesn't do much, you can't see much out of it, you see more out of the other rear window more. Plus having a backup cam you don't really look back much.

6. BadAssPrius

BadAssPrius I got to make my Prius stand out all on its own!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hey i love those car mate mirrors, i cant find them anywhere, i will being Los Angeles in September would love to see your Prius and you could see mine as well. would love to know where to get those mirrors.

7. raneyboo

raneyboo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've seen quite a few different JDM Window Visors lurking around and came across these:

Go to global rakuten site and do a search for "zvw30 visor" and you will find a pretty nice list.

For the price, this is pretty awesome if they are legitimate or even replicas. Has anyone purchased from here? I am not fond of the WeatherTechs. Coming from a history of straight JDM parts, WeatherTechs just does not look clean. Any suggestions HAWAIIANBUILT or anyone?

- Johnson

8. HAWAIIANBUILT

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Hello BadAssPrius !!!

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated !!!

I picked up these mirrors locally inside the Japanese marketplace "Mitsuwa" in Costa Mesa at a specialty store inside called "J Style"

Sure would be great to meet you when you come out this way and we can head to J Style together !!!

Rodney

9. HAWAIIANBUILT

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Hello Johnson !!!

Because you come from a history of JDM, I am sure you appreciate the OE quality from Toyota too !!!

At a pricing standpoint compared to WeatherTechs they are higher, but in my opinion I like the fitment and quality with the Genuine JDM Toyota window visors. I also like the way the JDM version is installed ... outside of the weather channel and not tucked in, and the JDM version comes with clips and 3M tape for better stability and fastening.

My brother is using the WeatherTechs for his IS350 and he is happy with them. So it's a matter of preference !!!

Hope this helps !!!

Rodney

10. Photastic052

Photastic052 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Rodney,

I must know, where did you get the spoiler for the upper portion of your rear window? I'm highly interested in this part. Thank you in advance.

11. Accordlayingkit

Accordlayingkit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Rodney i have a 2012 Prius Hatch 5 . Wheels stock are 17's and im thinking of the matte black caliper covers. Will they fit with the factory 17's until i get my 18's?

12. raneyboo

raneyboo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

What is the offset on these wheels to run these caliper covers? They look awesome.

13. MotoP

MotoP Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Now that roof antenna is bugging me!!! (since you flushed the rear hatch...)

HAWAIIANBUILT likes this.
  14. HAWAIIANBUILT

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello Photastic052 !!!

I purchased the item through a friend actually. I will do my best to locate this item for you and keep you posted !!!

Rodney

Photastic052 likes this.
  15. HAWAIIANBUILT

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello Accordlayingkit !!!

I would suggest contacting Mike B. directly at MGP Caliper Covers for precise fitment issues.

Here is the website :

MGP Caliper Covers

Hope this helps !!!

Rodney

16. Accordlayingkit

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    OK thanks... I need your help with a few other things! I have a 2012 blizzard pearl prius hatch.. model is a five so I have all the bells and whistles. I really want the 5 axis kit from from everything I read the the 2012 is different all the way around! I contacted juiced. Com about asking them if the sides and rear would fit since the front end they changed on the 2012 especially with the location of the fog lights. Juiced.com responded to me today saying they contacted the kit manufacturer and they said the sides and rear won't fit the 2012 because it changed all the way around. I ordered a Jdm front lip last week that's suppose to fit 2010-2012 but we'll see as it comes tomorrow. So u know of any sides and rear that will fit my 2012 or know of sides and rear urethane that'll fit?

And last got the same tires u have and I'm looking at 18x8.5 u think 8.5 will be OK and I'm struggling on a offset.. u got and idea on a offset that will sit flush and not stick out BUT still look good IF I ever decide to bag?

Thanks a lot!

17. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The sides & rear will fit ALL gen3 Prii's (2010-current). Only the front is different.

VS980 4G ?

#977 sfv41901, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  18. Accordlayingkit

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    OK cool thanks... they probably didn't really call the manufacturer haha

19. Accordlayingkit

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Rodney do you still have your caliper covers on? If so how are they holding up? Do they cover the entire caliper no matter how you look at it, is it covered by the covers?

20. Accordlayingkit

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    1401735685876.jpg Anybody else using this besides Rodney? Jus came in my tanabe lowering Springs box today