1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JDM turn signal

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by chit, Sep 29, 2012.

1. chit

chit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am new to prius modding and my first project is the side mirror turn signal. Is there anyone here from the Bay Area who can help me install it or is there anyone who can recommend a place where I can have it installed?

2. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This doesn't answer your question about a shop that can do the work but have you seen my thread about installing 2012 Scion IQ mirror covers/turn signals which has links to excellent other threads with detailed diagrams and instructions on removing the mirrors and door panels and wiring the mirror turn signals to existing connectors in the kick panels?: Scion IQ signal mirrors on a Prius v wagon | PriusChat

Unlike the aftermarket "JDM" mirror signals I saw described in one of those threads, all the Scion IQ turn signal module mounting holes line up perfectly with the existing/unused mounting holes on the Prius v mirror assemblies. But if you are looking for more than just turn signals (e.g. puddle lights) and/or want mirror covers that will match the car body then aftermarket JDM mirror signals are the way to go. The aftermarket mirror turn signals described in the other thread also have pigtails that simplify the wiring although it was easy to fabricate the connection for the Scion mirror signals using connectors from my favorite hardware store.

The mirrors, door panels, threshold trim and kick panel covers are quite easy to remove. Except for the bolts holding the mirrors to the doors and two screws that partially hold the door panels to the doors, everthing is held in place by reuseable plastic pop rivets or friction fittings. About the only "surprise" was one of the screws hidden under the little removal flexible pad laying in the inside door pull. It is not necessary to disconnect the door latch cable from the door panel - you can let the door panel hang from the door while you do the wiring.

I'll see if I can put a tool list together and post additional photos on my Scion IQ signal mirror thread.