1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jeremy Clarkson must hate Top Gear's Latest Decision

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by hill, Apr 17, 2020.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
  2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the schizophrenic problem a lot of traditional ICE gear heads have with EV's, is that they have reached a place where they can be really fast.
    It was easier to relegate to the corner and or ridicule them, when most EV's were more akin to Golf Carts than race cars. But today that's not the case.
    You need a EV or electric car section because you never know when a supercar fast EV entry is going to manifest. And I think this kind of bothers a lot of the old school vanguard.
    They can't totally ignore them anymore. Slowly the only gas fueled advantage they have is the ability to rev their engine and hear the exhaust. But electrics can beat em off the line.

bwilson4web and Trollbait like this.
  3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    <SIGH>

It has been a long time since I had any interest in Top Gear either old or new. My understanding is May already owns a Tesla and Hammond is trying to get one.

Bob Wilson

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    And hopefully, in the transition, that ability will become less important.

5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, I'm not a gear head.- Hey, I owned a Prius, so they revoke your membership.
    But I have nothing against revving your engine, torque, speed and handling. I have watched numerous episodes of Top Gear and I would love the chance to drive a lot of the vehicles they bring to the test track.

Sometimes I think the experience is like a self created roller coaster. And when I watch them driving vehicles costing 100's of thousands of Dollars, I have to admit, it would be fun. BUT...
    How much more fun than just strapping in a extreme roller coaster?

But I can't be too critical of enjoying the trappings of a powerful engine, and torque and speed.
    Yeah, unless your fleeing a situation, it's rarely "important" but it has always been on some level fun.

I would also say, I thought my Prius was surprisingly fun to drive. I'm NOT kidding.
    The electric motors allowed me to start quickly from a stop. And in an urban driving scenario, my acceleration was adequate, if not better than most around me. So often it's not what you drive, but how you drive it. All I can say, is I economically passed a lot of sports cars in my Prius.

Mendel Leisk likes this.