1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

jerk truck drivers..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by silversyren, Oct 7, 2007.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry I'm not getting into name calling.

2. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Apology accepted.

3. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Oct 7 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]522496[/snapback]</div>

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love that. You're probably right, and the poor sot didn't even realize it. It was either that or telling you the length of his.....you know.

4. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I experience the same thing in Los Angeles ALL THE TIME, do not know what it is but I try not to let it bother me, I'm getting better, although still not perfect.

5. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Oct 7 2007, 04:13 PM) [snapback]522533[/snapback]</div>
    Next time something like this happens, repeat the following phrase several times:

No one can get your goat unless you allow your goat to get gotten :)

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skguh @ Oct 9 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]522884[/snapback]</div>
    Pardon?

7. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr.Vanvandenburg @ Oct 7 2007, 05:41 PM) [snapback]522569[/snapback]</div>
    amen on the Silicon Valley road rage.... some years ago, a young neighbor accidentally cut someone off at an I-280 entrance ramp. the other a**hole stopped, blocking the ramp, came back and punched the kid out so hard that the kid needed facial reconstruction surgery!

all that for accidentally not letting the a-hole go first.

the surgery went well and his wife and kids weren't in the car at the time, i think...

back off and let them go their own way.

i blocked a guy here in a rush-hour/road-contruction merge situation two years ago in NC and the moron in his big pick-em-up tried three times to run me off the road, in retaliation. just for being delayed by one car-length.

we need more Prozac in the water supply ... or as a Texas gal i know puts it, "more estrogen in the water supply." :)

+af

8. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Oct 8 2007, 10:37 PM) [snapback]522967[/snapback]</div>
    Pardon granted. LOL

9. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(plusaf @ Oct 8 2007, 10:14 PM) [snapback]522992[/snapback]</div>
    I was once in the left turn lane at la ciengega and sunset. i was waiting for traffic a bit before i pulled out into the interstection to attempt a left. apparently it wasn't fast enough for mr. fast-fastey and he went around me. yes he was behind me in the turn lane, proceeded to go around me and then get in front of me IN the intersection. I honked my horn and he did a couple things that really surprised me.

Firstly, he put it in park and got out.....at la cienega and sunset....hello???
    Secondly, he came up to my car window and spit on the windshield.

Thirdly and most disturbing he called me a Ni**er, Bi*ch......uh, I'm white and a dude and he was black......, uh, he obviously graduated at the top of his class.....

10. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Not just Skyjacker lifted pickup truck rednecks and SUV drivers who drive like jerks. The Prius is starting to get a bad rep in Winnipeg due to Duffy's Taxi. A surprising number of their drivers are complete a**wipes behind the wheel

I personally have never harbored any bad feelings towards people from India; indeed, have admired them for taking the huge personal risk to move to another country, learn a new language and culture, and generally try to make a living.

But there are a few behind the wheel of Duffy Taxi Prius cars, especially that beige color one, who go out of their way to cut people off, flip them off, blow red lights, and generally give very bad publicity for hybrid cars

For those of us in Winnipeg, don't expect to just write down the unit number or license and call Duffy's to complain. They could give a rat's a**

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MJGreen @ Oct 10 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]523944[/snapback]</div>
    Funny you should mention that. A few years ago I had a security IT contract with a national police force. No need to mention the obvious name that everybody thinks of. Got quite chummy with one of the detectives, and one day we agreed to grab a bite to eat after work at Moxie's at Polo Park

I was westbound on Portage and turned off at the mall entrance, just east of St James, as that is most convenient to Moxie's. Just as I was turning off, a guy in a ricer s***box in the lane next to me sped up, cut in front, and I had to stomp the brakes and lay on the horn. Yes, the Brake Assist works as advertised. The now off-duty detective commented on my strong brakes.

The punk in the ricer s***box stopped right there in the mall entrance, got out and laid his fist on the windshield of my Prius. So the detective gets out, and he still had his holster on, his suit jacket in the back seat.

Kind of funny, the color simply drained from that punk. Detective calls for assistance, many squad cars arrive, and we go on to have a nice steak dinner

11. sea-horsea

sea-horsea Junior Member

which part of Los Angeles do you live? I mean I thought people like us that live in L.A. knows better not to do things like that or you might just get shot and don't even know why.......haha and I am not even joking.