1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

John Kerry

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Oct 31, 2006.

1. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 1 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]341941[/snapback]</div>
    From the West Point webpage:

As I said earlier, you avoided the military, but are gung-ho that /others/ go. Typical neocon chickenhawk.

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 1 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]342087[/snapback]</div>
    "That" being appearing in front of "sanitized" audiences. NJ Senator Menendez spoke outside the West Orange fire station last week. It wasn't closed to supporters and protesters were present. Just one example.

As for a specific example of a Republicans distancing themselves from the President, I give you Rep. Anne Northup (R-KY) (full article here)

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 1 2006, 05:06 PM) [snapback]342109[/snapback]</div>
    You're a pretty angry guy.

Are you short?

:D

4. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 1 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]342106[/snapback]</div>
    MONEY!
    Large amounts of green pass hands at these functions. When you read about corportions donating huge sums, (without expecting anything back, of course) this is one of the ways it is done.

It was good of you to come to us for some education.

Next question?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 1 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]342126[/snapback]</div>
    That seems to me to be a tasteless (and classless) assault on the emotional stability of short guys!

WildKow, please note!

5. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 1 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]342136[/snapback]</div>
    PU-LEEEZZZEEE

Time, and time, and time, and time, again...

it's a PROVEN fact, the FIRST ones to resort to tasteless/classless personal attacks have been none other than the board leftists. The more liberal they are, the angrier, and more spiteful they get when you disagree with them.

I've always put up this challenge to anyone:

Show me a post, where for no reason what so ever, I have ever gone on the offensive and personally attacked someone.

:p

btw, welcome to the mosh pit anilam.... :D

6. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 1 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]342161[/snapback]</div>
    Nice rant.

I was kidding. Calm down. It's OK. I'm learning humor from WildKow and am still very weak there. I'll use Smilies to help in the future, promise!

(And it's Alnilam, but I understand your spelling aversion. Alnilam is the center star of Orion's belt. It's surrounded by Alnitak and Mintaka. I chose this for my avatar because, though you are free with the leftist label, that's what I consider myself, a centrist. I've voted both sides of the ticket and am on record here for lumping Clinton in with Bush as shirking his military duties. So, if I bother you, you need to meet some real leftists! You'd never believe it!) :unsure: (There's a Smiley for you.)

7. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    90% of the news on FOX today has been the Kerry thing. Don't you think that is a lot of over kill. I'm surprised they have not dug up Lincoln to ask him what he thinks. :p

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Everybody says dumb things sometimes, or things which don't come out right and they may regret later.

Geez, look at the posts here, for example (mine included).

I can't tell what Kerry was thinking at that moment, and neither can anyone else. Why can't we all for once give each other the benefit of the doubt...and not always assume the worst as we jump to time-worn conclusions which support our beliefs...?

The tone of some of these debates reminds me very much of a disfunctional relationship: ignoring of the ideas of others; the dogged clinging to one's own time-hardened opinions.

This isn't about being a Donkey or Elephant...it's about doing our best to not close down discourse. Closing down discourse hurts everyone and prevents us from confronting the real problems that face us *all.*

9. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  10. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

John Kerry is a prideful a$$h0le.

First refusal to appologize until the winds of politics would not stop blowing against him on this.

Now a 'Written Statement' apology that basically has the right wording but veers off into something about Bush and blah blah blah.

When you become stupid enough to say what he said, you should follow it up with about 4 face to camera sincere concise apologies. Tell us he said the stupid thing, he didn't mean it, but he said it and for that he is sorry.

Get in the car... Go home... never come back into politics or washington again.

But, like I started with, the guy is a self centered prideful ghost of a man. A tall man on the outside, but a little little man on the inside who thinks his level of political power and affluence in life really makes him more valuable or important than the man or woman who got out of highschool or college and joined to fight for America.

He is not. He is a little little man.

Shame on him and anyone who defends(or excuses) the statement he made.

11. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you can try to shame me for defending his words if you like, but I'll continue to do so.
    I won't excuse his belated and insincere apology. I think he's really burned some serious bridges for himself here....just no reason not to get on camera, say "I love and respect the troops. I think they're intelligent and I'm proud they're out there defending my country and I'm proud to be a veteran." rinse, and repeat. He'd have saved himself a ton of grief as well as taken the air out of this flimsy neocon baloon.

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 1 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]342265[/snapback]</div>
    I agree 100% Efusco. I think his apology should be delivered in the same way as his stupid remarks. In public, verbal and through the MSM.

OH BTW it's balloon. . .

bal·loon
    Pronunciation: b&-'lün
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French ballon large football, balloon, from Italian dialect ballone large football, augmentative of balla ball, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German balla ball -- more at BALL
    1 : a nonporous bag of light material that can be inflated especially with air or gas: as a : a bag that is filled with heated air or a gas lighter than air so as to rise and float in the atmosphere and that usually carries a suspended load (as a gondola with passengers) b : an inflatable bag (as of rubber or plastic) usually used as a toy or for decoration
    2 : the outline enclosing words spoken or thought by a figure especially in a cartoon :p

Wildkow

p.s. Whoo Hooo! I always wanted to be a "Spelling Nazi" now I are one. [attachmentid=5567]

Attached Files:

13. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 1 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]342264[/snapback]</div>
    You write as though you've known the man personally for years; would you car to elaborate more on your long, intimate friendship?

I mean, how else could you make such a personal accusation against an individual...not to mention, a sweeping generalization about "...anyone who defends (or excuses) the statement he made..."?

Phlueeze.

In my opinion, a contribution of this sort only throws fuel on an already roaring fire; if that's your intent (to coin a phrase) "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!"

Otherwise, the use of profanity is not nearly as expressive (or original) as you clearly believe it to be.

14. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 1 2006, 04:59 PM) [snapback]342268[/snapback]</div>
    See, I knew we'd be buddies someday!

Whoo Hooo!

15. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 1 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]342291[/snapback]</div>
    I think you need to get over to youtube and watch the video a time or two.

If you can support Kerry saying that about the guys fighting for the country you call home then you too are a sad, sad lady.

16. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 1 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]342301[/snapback]</div>
    I thought we were buddies already ? :(

Wildkow

p.s. Er. ahem check Pinto's post, i believe there is a misspelled word. You want to handle this one?

http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=342291

p.p.s. i see what happened she used car instead of care, still a floggable offense. I'll take take of the flogging thank you. [attachmentid=5568]

Attached Files:

17. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Y'know, this makes me happy. If this is the only thing Faux News and some desperate bloggers can bring up, a non-issue nobody else cares about, this shows to me that the Good Guys are going to walk away with the various elections next Tuesday.

18. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 1 2006, 11:10 PM) [snapback]342378[/snapback]</div>
    So say we all....

19. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 1 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]342264[/snapback]</div>
    I usually reserve language like that (and what's with your obsession with anii, anyway?) for folks who characterize themself as the decider, or declare things would be better if they were dictator, or stutter and stammer for 5 minutes when someone asks them if they can think of any mistakes they might have made. That would be Bush, in case you missed some of the references. Sure wish someone would remind him he's supposed to be working for us.

[​IMG]

20. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 1 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]342351[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, you always volunteer to flog the women!

But I caught her on "Phlueeze." Pronounced "Flu-eez."
    My Funk and Wagnalls has it as "Pulleeze."

What a team!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 1 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]342342[/snapback]</div>
    Kerry has three Purple Hearts for the country YOU call home. How many do you have? Do you even know what a Purple Heart is? (Stand by for a really cute answer here....)