1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Join Danny in Chicago for his Prius pick-up (finally!)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Jun 19, 2006.

1. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Danny or TonyP, do we have any firm date on this? How about times and stuff like that?

I know it was said we are leaning toward Sunday but I don't think I've seen anything official.

thanks,
    Phil

2. tcooper185

tcooper185 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philwojo @ Jun 26 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]276956[/snapback]</div>
    Looks like the event is going to be on Sunday...Danny just updated the original post to include:
    "UPDATE: The event will be held Sunday in order to accomodate for space."

Sounds like there are going to be quite a few people there!

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philwojo @ Jun 26 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]276956[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, like tcooper said: Sunday seems to be the "sure thing". Time, on the other hand, has yet to be determined. I'm blocking out the whole day and will be able to be there whenever. I'm speculating that it will be something in the early afternoon through the afternoon.

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow. I'd never seen the "history" post, so that right there was worth the read! If Chicago were just a couple thousand miles West, I'd be thrilled to attend... but it isn't to be. I'll even be MORE west (in Hawaii) at the time, so it just can't happen. :(

I do have a Prius Warming gift for you though. It will light up your life. :)

5. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's why it's called the Midwest.

Do they make EV boats?

6. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wow! Congrats Danny! I'd love to drive all the way to Chicago for the event, but there's a little thing like work in the way. I do hope that folks post pics and comments about the event.

7. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jun 28 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]277909[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure that your trip to Haway is to get aquainted with other "LED nuts" near the lava crater!!! ;)

Sorry but I can't hang around for a week waiting in the Mid West to attend the 2006 Hybridfest fallowing Sunday. Anyway, congratullations for the long awaited Prius arraival ;)

8. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Given that the '06es still have the same problem, any inclination to
    dive under the brandy-new Prius with a wrench and do the blockoff-
    plate fix, per http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/starthole/
    right then and there with the TV cameras rolling?? That might
    finally drive the message home to Toyota...
    _H*

9. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Like others, it is a trip I would like to make, but can't. Who will run the board the first few weeks after you get your Prius and want to spend all your time playing with it :) You know, there is plenty of room in the Prius for you, Nichole AND Tim. He can save the airfare home :)

I agree with the thought that Toyota ought to give you a Prius. I'm sure we have proposed this before. While not every Prius sold has a connection to Priuschat, I'll bet a LOT do. I read everything here for 8 months before ordering in July 2004. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any big issues with the redesign. MANY people have told me I should get a commission when I tell them all the features (and I do go on and on, and well ON!). Were it not for Priuschat, a lot of people would be getting information from (STILL) frequently uninformed salespeople. They might have chosen a different car without the answers, validation and assurances from PC members. I knew WAY more than my dealer, partly because he had NO chance to do more than move a new Prius to the front of the lot for delivery.

My sister, wife, 2 of her cousins and several friends have purchased a Prius in small or large part because I had one and was able to give them a lot of information. Frankly, I'm not sure where I would have learned a lot if it, even owning a Prius, had I not found Priuschat.

10. DMontster

DMontster New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations Danny, I wish I could make it. Maybe when you get it back to Columbia we will pass each other on the roads.

11. Bobwho

Bobwho New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(parrot_lady @ Jun 21 2006, 06:39 AM) [snapback]274569[/snapback]</div>

Yes I have been absent here, thanks to no particular reason that I can mention.

Cough - car accident - cough.

If Amy goes I go. So what is it Amy will you go?

12. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    danny!

Congrats! Doubt I can make it to Chicago BUT would be happy to salute you enroute back home if possible.....

Maybe you should post your planned route... what a gas for you to see your priuschat buddies along the way!

Barbara

13. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Danny,

Can we get a list posted as to who is attending? It is kinda hard to figure out who is coming. There are several "I'd like to attend but I live in Calf." posts. And others that are really going to come.

14. mbarrows

mbarrows Illini Bird

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlphaTeam @ Jul 5 2006, 01:28 AM) [snapback]281299[/snapback]</div>

I plan to come but I need to know the times on Sunday, July 16th. I live near Joliet so it will take me awhile to drive up there.

1. Any events planned (i.e. - judging, games, etc.)?

Mike

15. mikel 52

mikel 52 Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    I just got an '02 Prius on Monday. And love it. This would be a great opportunity to meet some other Prius owners and learn more about them. As far as I know my wife doesn't have anything planned for me to do on the 16th. So count me in.

Mike

16. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi everyone. Sorry I've been kinda MIA for the last several days - I've been building a deck with my father and it's been pretty much a sunrise to sunset activity. Here is a RSVP page for everyone to sign up if you're planning on coming for the Meet. I'll hopefully know more about times and food and whatnot soon.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=rsvp&CODE=04&eid=3

17. redbaron

redbaron redbaron

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Danny,

Congratulations from Hershey, Pa.

Your efforts in starting and maintaining the www.priuschat.com website is greatly appreciated. Would like to know if you are incurring any special costs to maintain the site? If yes, would appreciate contributing to the website.

Don
    2006 Super White Prius, Option 8 (1000 miles) :lol:

18. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, I received some more info from TJ today regarding the Meet.

As far as times, we're looking at 12pm - 3pm. Food and drinks will be provided, but it will probably be meat in case we have any vegetarians out there who are coming. TJ is trying to get ahold of as many hybrids as he can for the event (I'd like to take a spin in the GSh myself).

Don't forget to RSVP for the event!

http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=rsvp&CODE=04&eid=3

19. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jul 7 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]282557[/snapback]</div>
    If you get to drive the GS, make sure you are able to take it to a place where you have lots of room. With the 0-60 time of 5.2 seconds, it is a bummer to be confined to city streets and stoplights.

20. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Being as this is a hybrid event, I think it would be appropriate to have meat and vegetables.

No worries! Grossinger is very near an Interstate! Go, Speed Danny, Go!