1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Join the Resistance!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, May 22, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ May 22 2007, 12:59 PM) [snapback]447498[/snapback]</div>
    Gasoline? Is that the stuff people used to spill all over their shoes while trying to get it to go into that little hole on the side of their car? Oh, yeah. I remember. I used to use that stuff. I used to think we had to put it in cars to make them go. Gosh, we sure were silly back then. B)

WHAT??? You mean people still put gasoline in cars? :blink: What in heaven's name for?

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You people still drive cars? Get up earlier than otherwise necessary, inhale toxic fumes and observe moronic, suicidal behaviour for an hour and become despondent for the future of humanity? I gave that up decades ago. :rolleyes:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Somebody's gotta out-smug these EV guys. :)

3. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Remember when there were gas lines years ago?

Why don't people just start driving at 55 mph instead of 65 mph?

I do, and my gas goes a lot further.

Sorry. I still want a Prius and am saving cash for it, but I resigned from my position at work to help care for an ailing extended family member. So my Prius will have to wait.

4. bastcat8

bastcat8 New Member

I think that instead of not buying gasoline what we really should talk about driving at a lower speed, like we did back in 70's. Like everyone says here if you lower your speed you increase your gas mileage. Maybe if we could just have one week with reduced speed and see if the oil use goes down.

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ May 22 2007, 04:01 PM) [snapback]447556[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: I wish kow... i wouldn't have to work nearly as hard as i do, or as long, and i'd finally be able to afford that lake house up north...

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ May 22 2007, 07:43 PM) [snapback]447786[/snapback]</div>
    I am humbled in the presence of the truly green. Bicycle riders put us all to shame. :(

But I still love my water-powered Zap Xebra. Yesterday I drove 46 miles on a single charge, and still had some electrons left over. And that does not count the 5 or 6 miles I drove in the morning. :)

7. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are only 2 refineries supplying gas to my region. One is Superr America. The other refinery supplies gas to ALL the other gas stations regardless of brand name. The most this could possibly do is cause the independant operators of these gas stations to switch to a different name. The Station I used to manage switched a few years ago from Mobil to Shell. Surprise! the gas supplier has not changed!

Who comes up with these ideas? THE ONLY WAY TO REDUCE THE PRICE IS TO REDUCE THE DEMAND. (or further subsidize the price). Replacing Bush won't change anything either.