1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Joined the Prius Generation today.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Tandem Rider, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Tandem Rider

Tandem Rider Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Today my wife and I brought an 2011 Prius III in Barcelona Red. Paid $500 under invoice and 0% apr for 36 months. Thanks for the information and encouragement to shop around as the first dealer was slightly over invoice. By reading Prius Chat I knew what the price should be. It was a thrill to drive home and see over 50 mpg.

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase. You are right, this is a great site with tons of information and advice. Enjoy your new ride, just drive it for a while and come back with questions. It is nice to be able to just drive and see 50+ mpg isn't it?

3. j.vick@comcast.net

[email protected] New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats ... I bought mine on 1/3/12 a Prius Three with Blizzard Pearl and a solar roof. I replaced my 2008 Prius that I sold to my friend and he is real happy too..
    I was looking for a Red one too but there where none here but the pearl is real nice. The mpg is a lot better than my 2008.
    Happy motoring !!! :)

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

5. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ......woohoo....!

Here's a great idea someone shared with me early on....
    - keep a medium sized spiral notepad in the glove...use it to record fill-ups with stats, oil changes, maintenance etc.
    I've been loyally keeping a log since March 2005. It's kewl to see price trends in gas and mileage stats.

Have fun!

6. rebenson

rebenson Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    CONGRATS on new prius... Sounds like a great price on a 2011...

7. NineScorpions

NineScorpions Economy, Meet Style!!

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    indeed...and get a fuelly account if you do not already have one

8. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

9. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome to Prius! You can learn all about your car here. Some random tips:
    * Gas mileage is lower with higher octane gas. Stick with regular, 87 octane gas.
    * If you have a smartphone, track your mileage with Fuelly.com. On my iPhone, I created a shortcut to the Fuelly "New Fuel Up" page and saved it to my Home Screen. I always fill to the first click-off of the gas pump (more gas can damage the emissions control). I enter the mileage since last fuel up and number of gallons into Fuelly, then I reset the trip odometer.
    * You can remove the plastic wheel covers and expose the alloy wheels beneath. Toyota sells small hubcaps for about $10 each that cover the small holes on the hubs.
    * you don't have to press the Park button, you can just power off the car directly.
    * The SmartKey lets you lock and unlock the door by simply touching the door handle

10. MattPersman

MattPersman Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    welcome...did you buy at Butler? they had some good prices on IIIs but I bought a II because we wanted silver and I didn't really need any extras. I got mine 2 weeks ago

11. sharol46

sharol46 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the "fold." I just bought my second Prius. I had a 2001 until 2008 when I sold it for more that it was worth. Should have kept it ;-). I got a Blizzard Pearl 2012 four because I really wanted the lumbar support and power seats. They didn't charge me the delivery fee and threw in the floor mats, so for a brand new model, I feel like I got the best deal I could.

As I posted in a different thread, it is so nice to be driving a car that is fun again. I love the geek screens and electronic toys. You are going to love your car.

Sharol

12. Tandem Rider

Tandem Rider Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No, I bought it at Ed Martin in Anderson. I could not deal on the east side of Indy and friends have done well at Martin so I went there. I live in Greenfield so Anderson is closer than Butler.