1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Joke of the Day

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by SPEEDEAMON, Nov 23, 2008.

1. SPEEDEAMON

SPEEDEAMON Professional Car Nut

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    During a service at an old synagogue in Eastern Europe , when the Shema prayer was said, half the congregants stood up and half remained sitting. The half that was seated started yelling at those standing to sit down, and the ones standing yelled at the ones sitting to stand up. The rabbi, learned as he was in the Law and commentaries, didn't know what to do. His congregation suggested that he consult a housebound 98 year old man who was one of the original founders of their shul. The rabbi hoped the elderly man would be able to tell him what the actual tradition was, so he went to the nursing home with a representative of each faction of the congregation.

The one whose followers stood during Shema said to the old man, "Is the tradition to stand during this prayer?"

The old man answered, "No, that is not the tradition."

The one whose followers sat said, "Then the tradition is to sit during Shema!"

The old man answered, "No, that is not the tradition."

Then the rabbi said to the old man, "But the congregants fight all the time, yelling at each other about whether they should sit or stand."

The old man interrupted, exclaiming, "THAT is the tradition!"

1 person likes this.
  2. SPEEDEAMON

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    MEN!!!!

One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his Sweatshirt... Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, 'What setting do I use on thewashing machine?'
    'It depends,' I replied.
    'What does it say on your shirt?'
    He yelled back, ' OHIO STATE ! '
    And they say blondes are dumb.....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    A couple is lying in bed. The man says,
    'I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world....'
    The woman replies, 'I'll miss you.......
    ----------------------------
    'It's just too hot to wear clothes today,' Jack says as he stepped out of the shower, 'honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?'
    'Probably that I married you for your money,' she replied.
    -------------------------------------------
    Q: What do you call an intelligent, good looking, sensitive man?
    A: A rumor
    Dear Lord,
    I pray for Wisdom to understand my man; Love to forgive him; and Patience for his moods. Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength,
    I'll beat him to death.
    AMEN
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: Why do little boys whine?
    A: They are practicing to be men.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Q: What do you call a handcuffed man?
    A: Trustworthy.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Q: What does it mean when a man is in your bed gasping for breath and calling your name?
    A: You did not hold the pillow down long enough.
    ------------------------------------------
    Q: Why do men whistle when they are sitting on the toilet?
    A: It helps them remember which end to wipe.
    Q: How do you keep your husband from reading your e-mail?
    A: Rename the email folder 'Instruction Manuals'

2 people like this.
  3. SPEEDEAMON

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Four Catholic men and a Catholic woman were having coffee after Mass.
    The first Catholic man tells his friends, "My son is a priest, when he walks into a room, everyone calls him 'Father'."
    The second Catholic man chirps, "My son is a Bishop, when he walks into a room people call him 'Your Grace'."
    The third Catholic man says, "My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone says 'Your Eminence'."
    The fourth Catholic man says, "My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Holiness'."
    Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping her coffee in silence, the four men gave her a look and said, "Well....?"
    She proudly replies, "I have a daughter, slim, tall, 38 Double D breasts, 24" waist, and 34" hips. When she walks into a room, people say, "Oh My God."

1 person likes this.
  4. SPEEDEAMON

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Jewish Jokes (I don't understand some of this, maybe our Jewish members can)

Two Texans are sitting on a plane from Dallas and an old Jewish Texan is sitting between them. The first Texan says, "My name is Roger. I own 250,000 acres. I have 1,000 head of cattle and they call my place The Jolly Roger."

The second Texan says, "My name is John. I own 350,000 acres. I have 5,000 head of cattle and they call my place Big John's."

They both look down at the Jewish man who says, "My name is Irving and I own only 300 acres."

Roger looks down at him and say, "300 acres? What do you raise?"

"Nothing" Irving says.

"Well then, what do you call it?" asked John.

"Downtown Dallas ."

Morris returns from a long business trip and finds out that his wife has been unfaithful during his time away.

"Who was it!!!???" he yells. "That alta kakker Goldstein?"

"No," replied his wife. "It wasn't Goldstein."

"Was it Feldman, that dirty old man?"

"No, not him."

"Aha! Then it must have been that idiot Rabinovich!"

"No, it wasn't Rabinovich either..."

Morris was now fuming. "What's the matter?" he cried. "None of my friends is good enough for you?"

A doctor was addressing a large audience in Tampa .

"The stuff we call food that we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. High fat diets can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water. "But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all, and we all have eaten, or will eat. Would anyone care to guess what food causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?"

After several seconds of quiet, a small 75-year-old Jewish man in the front row, raised his hand and said, "Vedding Cake?"

Doctor Bloom who was known for miraculous cures for arthritis had a waiting room full of people when a little old lady, completely bent over in half, shuffled in slowly, leaning on her cane. When her turn came, she went into the doctor's office, and, amazingly, emerged within half an hour walking completely erect with her head held high. A woman in the waiting room who had seen all this walked up to the little old lady and said, "It's a miracle! You walked in bent in half and now you're walking erect. What did that doctor do?"

She answered, "Miracle, shmiracle . . . he gave me a longer cane."

1 person likes this.
  5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Texas joke plays on the myth that Jews are rich. (Some are, most are not, the same with Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc.)

I cannot explain the second joke. I think it is hilarious. Maybe it has something to do with people who always find fault. I don't think that's really a racial thing, though I think it's a Jewish stereotype.

The third is just the old anti-marriage bias. A Jayman kind of joke.

I don't see anything Jewish in the fourth joke. I think it's funny because, unlike most jokes which are based in someone's pain, this is based in thinking outside the box for an unexpected but creative solution to a problem. Or is it only we Jews who tell jokes derived from creative thinking rather than someone's pain? I hope not.

2 people like this.
  6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Tax Time: The IRS office sent an inspector to audit the books of a local hospital. While the IRS agent was checking the books he turned to the CFO of the hospital and said, "I notice you buy a lot of bandages. What do you do with the end of the roll when there's too little left to be of any use?" "Good question," noted the CFO. "We save them up and send them back to the bandage company and every now and then they send us a free box of bandages."
    "Oh," replied the auditor, somewhat disappointed that his unusual
    question had a practical answer. But on he went, in his obnoxious way. "What about all these plaster purchases? What do you do with what's left over after setting a cast on a patient?" ... "Ah, yes," replied the CFO, realizing that the inspector was trying to trap him with an unanswerable question. "We save it and send it back to the manufacturer, and every now and then they send us a free package
    of plaster."
    "I see," replied the auditor, thinking hard about how he could fluster
    the know-it-all CFO. "Well," he went on, "What do you do with all the leftover foreskins from the circumcisions you perform?"
    "Here, too, we do not waste," answered the CFO. "What we do is save
    all the little foreskins and send them to the IRS Office, and about once
    a year they send us a complete . . . . . ." never mind

;)

1 person likes this.
  7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That's a very funny joke.

I'd like to point out, however, that the IRS is the most efficient agency of government, probably the only one that's been consistently free of corruption, and is the agency that allows the government to function at all. Unless you are an anarchist and believe that we should have no government at all, we need the IRS. Every dollar spent by the IRS brings in several dollars in additional revenue from tax cheaters. I pay every dollar I owe, and I don't want to pay more than my share because the IRS lacks the funds to catch cheaters who don't want to pay their fair share.

I've never been audited, but I have phoned them to ask a tax question now and then and they've always been very friendly and helpful.

I don't like paying taxes. I don't like the way the government spends my tax money. And I especially don't like the tax structure. But none of that has anything to do with the IRS. Note that it was the IRS, not the corrupt FBI, that brought down Al Capone.

1 person likes this.
  8. rpatterman

rpatterman Thinking Progressive

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    JUST JOKES PLEASE!!!! Put this in rants or politics!

Joke threads are for JOKES, not discussions of why you do not get a joke, not discussions of the friggin IRS...if you like a joke just post a thanks...if you do not like or get a joke, just move on, there is nothing here to see....Joke threads fall apart when they become discussion of what is funny and what is not funny....

Just laugh (or not) and carry on.....

1 person likes this.
  9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you read the thread, there are occasional comments.

1 person likes this.
  10. rpatterman

rpatterman Thinking Progressive

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Daniel, very glad you are back, I missed you and appreciate your thoughtful comments on a whole range of topic.

BUT, this is a joke thread, especially in these times, WE NEED TO LAUGH!!!!

This is your 10th post in this thread without one single joke, your killing us!!!

It is kinda like T&J's Political Cartoon Thread: Nothing but political cartoons!

1 person likes this.
  11. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just for rpatterman...

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]A man walks into a bar in Boulder, Colorado and asks the bartender if he wants to hear a joke about how stupid the Colorado Football team is.

The bartender tells the man that he wouldn't mind hearing the joke but that he needs to point out a couple of people to him that are in the bar.

The bartender then points to a HUGE man seated at one end of the bar and explains that this guy was an All- American offensive lineman for Colorado last season.

The bartender then points out another HUGE man seated at a table near the bar and explains that he was a Colorado Linebacker a couple of years ago.

Then the bartender tells the man that he himself was a Quarterback for Colorado several years ago and that he had a baseball bat behind bar.

The bartender then asks the man if he still wanted to tell his joke and the man replied, "Heck no, I don't want to have to explain it 3 times!"
    [/FONT]

2 people like this.
  12. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On a roll...

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]A Husker Fan is having breakfast one morning: Coffee, croissants, bread, butter & jelly. When a Colorado Fan, chewing gum, sits down next to him.

The Husker Fan ignores the Colorado Fan, who, nevertheless, starts a conversation.

Colorado Fan: "You Nebraska folk eat the whole bread?"

Husker Fan: " Of course!"

Colorado Fan: (after blowing a large bubble) "We don't in Colorado, we Only eat what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle it, transform them into croissants and sell them to Nebraska."

The Colorado Fan has a smirk on his face.

The Husker Fan listens in silence. The Colorado Fan persists.

Colorado Fan: "Do you eat jelly with the bread?"

Husker Fan: "Of course!"

Colorado Fan: (cracking his gum between his teeth & chuckling) "We don't. In Colorado we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the peels, seeds, and leftovers in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam and jelly and sell it to Nebraska."

The Husker Fan then asks, "Do you have sex in Colorado?"

Colorado Fan: "Why of course we do", he says with a smirk.

Husker Fan: "And what do you do with the condoms once you've used them?"

Colorado Fan: "We throw them away, of course?"

Husker Fan: "We don't. In Nebraska, we put them all in a container, Recycle them, melt them down into chewing gum and sell it to Colorado."
    [/FONT]

3 people like this.
  13. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Badda bing...

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]Two boys are playing football in Colorado when one is attacked by a rabid Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy rips a board off a nearby fence, wedges it down the dog's collar and twists, breaking the dog's neck.

A reporter who was strolling by sees the incident and rushes over to interview the boy. "Young Buffs Fan Saves Friend from Vicious Animal", he starts writing in his notebook.

"But I'm not a Buffs fan," the little hero replies.

"Sorry, since we're in Colorado, I just assumed you were," says the reporter.

Again, he starts writing in his notebook: "Colorado State Fan Rescues Friend from Horrific Attack."

But the boy interrupts sheepishly, "I'm not really a Colorado State fan either." "I just assumed that everyone in Colorado was either a fan of the CU Buffaloes or CSU Rams. What team do you root for?" the reporter asked.

"I'm a Nebraska Cornhuskers fan," the child says proudly.

The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes "Little Redneck Bastard Kills Beloved Family Pet."
    [/FONT]

2 people like this.
  14. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The jokes thread is for JOKES, not rants about non-joke posts. When people make posts explaining that the thread is only for jokes, it takes the timing out of the thread. Let's try to keep this thread only for jokes, questions about jokes, comments about jokes, and the occasional political comment relating to jokes. Let's see if we can avoid any more posts about non-joke posts.

:p

Tom

3 people like this.
  15. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I now have to find Michigan jokes... ;)

2 people like this.
  16. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Most Novi and Newfie jokes should work.

Tom

1 person likes this.
  17. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There was a bay in Newfoundland where fishing boats were constantly running aground on the shoals as the fishermen tried to navigate by the light of the moon. So the government came in and installed a buoy. Unexpectedly, the number of groundings doubled!

And the moral is...

[The following must be spoken in a Newfie accent...]

You can't send a buoy to do a moon's job.

(And yes, I have posted jokes here before. It's just that this thread goes back a long ways.)

2 people like this.
  18. klodhopper

klodhopper New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know only one clean joke...here it is!

An Italian, a Scotsman and a Chinese man, are hired at a construction site. The foreman points out a huge pile of sand.

He says to the Italian guy, 'You're in charge of sweeping.'

To the Scotsman he says, 'You're in charge of shoveling.'

And to the Chinese guy, 'You're in charge of supplies.'

He then says, 'Now, I have to leave for a little while. I expect you men to make a dent in that pile of sand.'

So when the foreman returns after being away for a couple of hours the pile of sand is untouched.

He asks the Italian, 'Why didn't you sweep any of it?'
    The Italian replies, 'I no hava no broom. You saida to the Chinesea fella he a wasa ina charge of supplies, but he hasa disappeared and I no could have finda him nowhere.'

Then the foreman turns to the Scotsman and says, 'And you, I thought I told you to shovel this pile.'
    The Scotsman replies, 'Aye, that ye did laddie, boot ah could nae get meself a shoovel. Ye left th' Chinese gadgie in chairge of supplies, boot ah couldna fin' him neither.'

The foreman is really angry now. He storms off toward the pile of sand to look for the Chinese gent.

Just then, the Chinese man leaps out from behind the pile of sand and yells,

'SUPPLIES!!!!'

3 people like this.
  19. SPEEDEAMON

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    A teacher is explaining biology to her 4th grade students;
    'Human Beings are the only animals that stutter,' she says.

A little girl raises her hand. “I had a kitty-cat who stuttered.â€

The teacher, knowing how precious some of these stories could become,

asked the girl to describe the incident.

'Well,' she began, 'I was in the back yard with my kitty

and the Rottweiler that lives next door got a running start

and before we knew it, he jumped over the fence into our yard!'

'That must've been scary,' said the teacher.

'It sure was,' said the little girl. 'My kitty raised her back, went “Sssssâ€, “Sssssâ€, “Sssss:

‘And before she could say 'Shit,' the Rottweiler ate her!'

The teacher had to leave the room.

2 people like this.
  20. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    wow ... "the joke thread" police. Who'da thunk ....

are there 'joke thread' police, that police the police?
    ;)

1 person likes this.