1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Journalist road test - Open Road drive

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by alanclarkeau, Aug 6, 2016.

1. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've linked a Road Test by one of our journalists here in Australia - sounds like he's impressed, other than the tyre roar (Bridgestone ECOPIA EP150). His car is identical to mine, a base white, so I assume it has the same tyres.

It's winter here (see his 9 deg and 14 deg screens), so economy might be down as a result, plus reasonably fast touring (112 and 99km/hr averages) over 1150km. His 5.4 & 4.9 l/100km translate to US 44 and 48 MPG.

2016 Toyota Prius Review: Long-term report two

booke02 likes this.
  2. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I do a significant portion of my driving on the highway doing the "touring" thing. I live in a country setting and do a couple of long trips (1600 miles) each year on top of that. Very little of my driving will be "city driving." Even at that, I'm still dreaming of getting this kind of mileage. I'm still on hold waiting to purchase the Prius. Soon, I hope.

alanclarkeau likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is it hot there?

4. MichelleStone

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hot is relative. I spend most of my time inside. ;)

alanclarkeau likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  6. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I rented a place in Midpines this weekend (about 10 miles from Mariposa) while on vacation at Yosemite! Pretty place! Really twisty roads!(y) I didn't get the best MPG though; about 49 on HWY 140. Sadly, it's not the best place to own a Prius, as a Prius is more for city driving (even though I drive mostly freeway).

7. MichelleStone

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    ONLY 49? !!! Ha! That is better than anything else can do on the road up here. I'm still driving my Chevy Malibu. I'm very careful with it. It is supposed to get 31 on the highway and I manage to get 28.5 around my area. I'm pretty sure I can figure out the best way to pull out the most from the Prius when I get it but I'm thrilled to hear that you got 49 MPG up to Yosemite and around Midpines. Those are some wicked hills to climb. I don't go up to the park often but I plan to do so much more often, especially this winter. Yum!

alanclarkeau and 'LectroFuel like this.