1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Judge not, lest ye be judged

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That makes perfect sense to me.
    It keeps in line with Pharmacists who refuse to dispense the "Morning After Pill."

3. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's good to see that the Christians are expanding their scope of prejudice from that of judging those who live a moral life but don't "believe" to now making assumptions based on appearance. Where do I sign up?

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "A Christian atmosphere" says the doctor, with a straight face. Obviously, anyone with a tattoo is going to hell. Why waste precious time on them? <_<

5. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Feb 15 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]391122[/snapback]</div>
    Anyone with tattoos or WHO CHEWS GUM. From the link:
    Merrill said he will continue to enforce the rules he has in place, which even include no chewing gum in his office.

I think that goes back to the biblical saying: let he who is without gum enter the doctor's office.

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Let me start off by stating, for the record, that i think the doctor is a jack nice person.

That being said, he has a perfectly valid point - it's his option who to treat and who not to treat. In the interest of sporting a "family friendly" atmosphere, i've seen different places refuse service to a wide variety of individuals with tattoos, piercings, objectionable clothing or hair styles.

In our country, it's perfectly within their right to set a standard for their customers. They offer more than just a doctors office to their select group of customers.

7. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What wonderful values and beliefs that doctor has that would allow him to choose not to treat an innocent child who had been suffering with pain an entire night.

Will he also refuse to allow African American, Asian or Hispanic patients in his office to ensure the patients he does accept a more "comfortable" atmosphere?

8. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    WWJRFTBTPHT ?

(Who would Jesus refuse treatment because their parents had tattoos)

Turning away a kid with an ear infection, he's got way less heart than I do. Just write a 'scrip for Amoxycillin, scowl disapprovingly at their tattooed selves, and send them on their way. Jesus is alright with me, but his ground crew could use some remedial teaching I think.

9. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I guess if they had leprosy instead of tattoos he would service them, leprosy is in the bible. :p

10. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What a nit.

If Jesus was here today, He would have tats. At the very least.

11. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Feb 15 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]391110[/snapback]</div>
    Why are people surprised? Lots of racists call themselves christians, yet they continue to be accepted into the flock because they are christians.

12. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The doctor's judgmental, closed minded thinking is the very reason why I choose not to be involved in organized religion.

13. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Does he share an office with DBermanMD?

14. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Could anyone enlighten me as to where the Bible condems tattos?

15. DelerPrius

DelerPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eclectcmoi @ Feb 15 2007, 06:39 PM) [snapback]391183[/snapback]</div>

Hmm, interesting. And none of these posts are judgmental, by your estimation?

16. nicoss

nicoss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DelerPrius @ Feb 15 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]391245[/snapback]</div>

No, they are opinions.

17. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Feb 15 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]391238[/snapback]</div>
    Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
    Leviticus 19:28

Not that I am a big fan of Leviticus. I think shellfish and a lot of other stuff is prohibited there, too.

18. Schmika

Schmika New Member

If a person spewed racial epithets, spewed anti-semitism, and spewed other awful things and then told a newspaper he was a "liberal", or a 'democrat", would all of you switch to conservatism or republican. HOW IGNORANT of you to use this persons claim of Christianity to condemn Christianity.

This is, at its base, a case of private enterprise expressing private opinions. He will suffer the consequences that he deserves....which, BTW, may be an upswing of business from customers tired of being around people THEY don't like.

Thank GOD, in this country we can still "freely associate".

19. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Feb 16 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]391471[/snapback]</div>
    Uh....he's wearing the team colors and says he part of the team. What are we to think of him?

20. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I love the smell of hyprocrisy in the morning. Also the "not a real Christian" excuse.

I never noticed it too much when I lived in places like Philadelphia or Austin, but Raleigh seems to have a noticeable number of businesses who are proud to display the fish sign on their advertising and such. Having dealt with a few of them, I can now only more deeply appreciate this quote from William S. Burroughs:

If you're doing business with a religious son-of-a-bitch, get it in writing. His word isn't worth s**t. Not with the good lord telling him how to f**k you on the deal.