1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Juice Plug question

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by priuscatprimeguy, Nov 29, 2017.

1. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have a Emotorwerks Juice Plug.Which took a long time for me to figure out how to get it to work, I finally got it to work. But now that I have put two Sony Action Cams in my car I find out that the password for my mobile hotspot can not be a numerical value so I changed it to a alpha letter value, and in the process I had to re set up the Juice Plug Everything succeeds up to when the line scrolling across from right to left of my app where it's saying waiting for juice plug. After about 20 seconds I get a message that the Juice Plug cannot be found on the local network. When I go to wifi settings before I turn on hotspot I see the juice plug SSID. when I turn on mobile hotspot the JUice Plug SSID disappears. I have selected "forget network password" and try to re set up the juice plug I get the same results. Any Ideas guys?

2. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Your juiceplug goes away when you turn on the mobile hotspot because it takes over the wifi. You need to go through the full setup on the juiceplug again when you change the wifi password like that. It's not enough that it shows up in the available networks. I don't even know what a juiceplug is so I can't be more specific than that, but it's the usual way things go with wifi connected devices.

What you're probably going to have to do probably is conect to the juiceplug wifi on your phone, open a safari session, setup the juiceplug for your hotspot SSID and key, save it, then turn on your hotspot.

I just looked what a juiceplug up is and why don't you have it connected to your home wifi rather than trying to connect it to your phone hotspot?

3. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    1: I'm using an android phone, IOS stinks so no safari. 2: I live in a fifteen story apartment so getting my router to reach down fifteen flights is a bit of a stretch. and 3: I'll wait until someone with an actual Juice Plug answers this thread.:D

4. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If I understand you correctly, you're trying to use your phone as BOTH a WiFi hotspot (e.g. as a base station for the action cams to act as a gateway to the cloud via lte), and simultaneously use it as a WiFi client (to connect to the juice plug base station).

unfortunately, you can't be both a base station and a client at the same time (e.g. you can't be a base station to allow people to connect to you and at the same time connect to another base station).

if that's the case it simply won't work at all...

that's why you're seeing the ssid disappear, when you become a hotspot, you're not longer listening, but instead transmitting the "i'm here" channel to allow others to connect to you.

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  5. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That certainly is a good reason for not connecting to your home wifi. :) The rest I said still applies except just substitute browser for safari. It's a limitation of wifi in general.

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  6. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sorry I misrepresented my self, I don't have the action cams running while the Juice Plug is running, mainly because the car is off so nothing to record on the dashboard. So no reason to use the action cams at this point.

7. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

The setup for the Juice Plug is running off the App, here's the link:

JuiceNet - Smart EV Charging - Android Apps on Google Play

That just brought up a reminder for me, which is uninstall the App then re install the app, that will be my next step.

8. priuscatprimeguy

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    whelp, un installing the App then turning off the phone. turning it back on and waiting about four hours (not necessary but did it anyway) then re installed the app. did not fix the issue. the issue is while waiting for juice net device withe the scrolling red line from right to left is scrolling I get a message that can't find the juice net device on the local network with two options "try again" or "cancel" neither of those options fix the issue.:mad: