1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

July 27 email from Nissan

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by daniel, Jul 27, 2010.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I got an email from Nissan today. It says, in part:

There are some links to their web site. But the web site says Washington state will be able to order in August. This leaves me thinking that Spokane has been downgraded to a level below Seattle, and makes it much less likely that I'd get a Leaf in time for the WA state sales tax exemption.

My electric Porsche, still being repaired, is a big unknown for me in my decision whether or not to buy the Leaf. The Leaf will go farther on a charge and will likely have better winter handling. But since I've put so much more money into the Porsche than I could ever get for it, and the same for the Xebra, I'd either take a huge loss, or else I'd have three EVs. :(

2. jacaufie

jacaufie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am in Oregon, put my $99 down on 5/1 once the general public orders opened up, and received an email saying I could order my Leaf in January, 2011.

I'm not sure if this is because I'm in Oregon or because I missed the initial pre-order deadline, but 2010 seems to be a non-starter for me.

3. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    It also depends on exactly when you ordered (even 15 minutes can make a difference).

BTW, don't worry about WA tax exemption. It has been extended till 2015. See the WA thread in the Leaf forum for details.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Whooo HOOOhhh ! ! !

[​IMG]

Gary, thank you for reserving a Nissan LEAF™. you live in an area that will be one of the first to start the order process, which begins in August and continues for the next few months. during this time, you'll be notified when to contact your dealer. together, you will confirm your options, and talk about price, trade-ins and any incentives that are available.

Man oh Man ! At midnight ... August 1st, until the 31st ... I'm going to be hitting refresh, every 30 seconds !!!​

:D

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well done Hill...can't wait to hear about your experiences. It will go a long way in my decision to go forward with the Leaf or not.

6. mwalsh

mwalsh Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You'll have quite the wait....sources say August 27th for the beginning of the ordering process. Though I had heard August 17th before that. Either way, I suggest that checking just once or twice a day will be sufficient! :p