1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

July MPG Averages - Post 'em here!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Danny, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    mpg

52MPG with the a/c on! Recent 110mi trip was over 65mpg.

Just a note. Having owned my Prius for about 4 months and 4500 miles I find that being an "active" hybrid driver as compared to a "passive" driver really increases the MPG. By this I mean having learned some of the ideosyncracies of the car but more importantly to know when, where and how to feather the accelerator. I first started just using the cruise control even in city traffic and that helped but accelerating up to desired speed and backing off a mile or two an hour in speed and letting the electric motors take over really does work. Guess my conventional engine skills are being melted away.

2. rflagg

rflagg Member

Wow, a very low-travel month for me, the lowest yet with the Prius! Here are my figures:

Total miles for July: 1660 miles
    Total gallons filled: 32.400 gallons
    Average Display MPG: 52.1 MPG
    Month Calc MPG: 51.2 MPG

Only had to fill it 3 times this month, the last time on the 31st. 547mi 1st tank, 559 2nd tank, 554 3rd tank.

August will consist of a trip to Ohio, which will dent my mileage unfortunately. But who can complain about 48 MPG as opposed to 51, really?! :) I continue to love this car so very much.

-m.

3. myride

myride Junior Member

tires

i dont know about you but i decided to use one of the user settings in the maint. section of the info to put tire inspections and pressure checks. i set the milage on miine for 500 miles but i might move it to 1000 miles. this also lets me check my girl friends tacoma pu for her tire pressures. just thought to see if u knew about the items you can program in for your personal maint reminders...

4. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

I didn't have my Prius in July.

Can we make this topic sticky (in a nice way)? It's no greenhybrid, but it may turn out to be useful to have these monthly threads in one place.