1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jump-Start DC Power Plus

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by zenMachine, Sep 5, 2007.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Does anyone have this unit? Do you think it's a good device to keep in the Prius?

[attachmentid=11176]

Jump-Start charges a car battery in minutes and powers a laptop, cell phone and more.
    $39.95

* Charges a car battery in minutes without jumper cables.
    * Portable power source for cell phones, laptops, camcorders, and other devices.
    * A super-bright LED flashlight is built in.
    * Charges in a dashboard DC power socket or any AC outlet with the included adapters.

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/product/sku__AU400

Attached Files:

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You'd need to modify the power socket to be 'always on' since there is no 'connection' to the battery when the car is off.

3. beboyle

beboyle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zenMachine @ Sep 5 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]507539[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, but - it will only work to charge your battery if you have modified one of your 12-volt accessory outlets to be always on, as described at http://www.coastaletech.com/power_outlet_mod.htm. The standard Prius disconnects the accessory outlets when you turn off the power. Unfortunately, there must already be enough power for the computer to boot before it is able to reconnect the accessory outlets, so just plugging in the charger and turning on the ignition as described in this product's manual won't work.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bruce Boyle @ Sep 5 2007, 07:02 PM) [snapback]507564[/snapback]</div>
    Or you can make a small set of jumper cables to allow a direct jump to the posts under the hood.

Tom

5. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for all the feedback.

I've been thinking about adding an Always-On 12V socket to my trunk for sometime. This jumper thingy may just be the incentive I need.

6. anu73

anu73 New Member