1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jump Started and Lost settings

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by illllm, Dec 6, 2020.

1. illllm

illllm New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My battery has been losing charge during the cold season. I have been jumpstarting it all this time and its fine as log as I start it every day. But as it get colder it does not hold much charge.

It was 11.7 volts and I tried connecting a solar panel - 18 W - output of 15v to the battery through a charge controller. However, the battery drained because the door was left open and the light was on.

I had to jump start it again and this time the MFD wont come on. I am not sure if everything reset. How do I get the MFD back on?

Many thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    might have blown it. is the car starting and running fine?

3. illllm

illllm New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    it came back on after i restarted.

If I take the 12 volt batt out, charge it and then put it back, is there anything else I need to do with the car? Will it have to be reprogrammed or something?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no. you might lose radio presets, and sometimes the windows have to be reset by holding the switch all the way down and all the way up.
    it might take awhile for mpg's to register properly as it relearns, but these things are all arbitrary for some reason.
    if it won't start, try holding the start button in fro a few seconds, or pressing it twice.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    How long are you going to keep wasting your time screwing with this before you get a new battery ??
    I mean....REALLY ???

There is NOTHING you can do to "heal" your sick battery.
    Charging while disconnected is no different than when it is in the car and connected.

tankyuong likes this.
  6. PriusWave

PriusWave New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hahaha for real.