1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

June 8, 1967

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mirza, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]296342[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds more and more like you follow the same rule book Hezbollah does- they are declaring victory too. They should continue winning like this for a few more weeks :lol:

You have made no position except to join the conspiracy club - guessing you think elvis is an alien too.

Never attacked you personally.

Rules of war - try reading them - you are on that same page again as Hezbollah. The moral difference you point to is that it is ok for them to kill civilians as long as they are Israeli.

Seems to be a theme here.......

Hope you are donating to your favorite cause the way I am - Katusha's are cheap but they are not free. Guided munitions are much more expensive - you know we use them to try to protect innocent civilians while those cheap Katusha's are faily indiscriminate - although if the Hezbo's really cared about following the rules of war they would put on army garb, stop hiding behind women and children, and actually try fighting like men. Even cheaper - homocide belts - easy and cheap - and just jump on a bus full of women and children -- is that in your rules of war under moral difference argument???

2. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I made my stance clear on how Hamas/Hezbollah operate. Welcome to my ignore list, asshat.

3. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Aug 2 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]296317[/snapback]</div>
    Is this how you characterize your position on Israel? As shades of gray? Really???

4. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ Aug 2 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]296365[/snapback]</div>
    It's this kind of thinking (black/white) that blinds people to why politics and conflicts are the way they are.

5. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Aug 2 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]296339[/snapback]</div>
    You don't murder people who have surrendered. There is some belief that Israel murdered a large group of Egyptian POWs.

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]296363[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

I think I've found another quote for my sig....

7. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ Aug 2 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]296365[/snapback]</div>
    Yes... I don't think they're 100% right, and I don't think they're 100% wrong. Hence, gray.

8. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 2 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]296360[/snapback]</div>
    "rules of war" are fine and dandy if both sides have, let's say, things like tanks and jets...

Or let me put it anther way, if you woke up one morning, walked out to get your paper, and as soon as you bent over to pick it up, a missle slams into your house, reducing it to a pile of rubble, killing your whole family, as it was the day after Christmas, and all your relatives and in-laws had stayed over. Then you find out you have no job because your office/hospital got bombed too. You've got nothing left but the bathrobe you're wearing. You know the people who ordered the strike on your house think you're not even human, but rather "uppity" trash.

I doubt you'd be up for peaceful protest, but rather what can I do to kill as many of those scumbags as I can...

I truly wonder how many people here would strap on the explosive belt after such similar events...

9. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Has anyone even looked at the Fox News Reports?

I believe I am doing a patriotic thing by exposing the uglier things of these conflicts... has anyone taken a look at the links I posted on the last post of page 1 (post #20)?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 2 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]296371[/snapback]</div>
    Lol!

10. Mirza

Mirza New Member

11. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 2 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]296378[/snapback]</div>
    Well, apparently they ARE:

Military Lebanon Top of Page
    Military branches:
    Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF): Army, Navy, and Air Force
    Military service age and obligation:
    18-30 years of age for compulsory and voluntary military service; conscript service obligation - 12 months (2004)
    Manpower available for military service:
    males age 18-49: 974,363
    females age 18-49: 1,024,273 (2005 est.)
    Manpower fit for military service:
    males age 18-49: 821,762
    females age 18-49: 865,770 (2005 est.)
    Military expenditures - dollar figure:
    $540.6 million (2004)
    Military expenditures - percent of GDP:
    3.1% (2004)

And, the last that I checked, Hezbollahs missiles are not exactly free or the stuff of an 8-year olds fireworks toys B)

12. Mirza

Mirza New Member

What website/source did you get that from? I sure would like to see how the IDF forces look in terms of those statistics. (But that is besides the points... how about a comparison to the Palestinians as well?)
    -----EDIT

Eh, the CIA World Factbook doesn't list 'Palestine' as an option. Would be interesting to see some information about their economy.

13. wstander

wstander New Member

for comedic relief, do a Google on:

Israel+911

14. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Aug 2 2006, 01:23 PM) [snapback]296393[/snapback]</div>
    That, most surely, isn't nearly enough to have a well equipped Air Force/Tanks, etc... At least, with respect to the Israeli's...

I wonder what they buys, 2 migs, and a handful of used tanks from '72...? :lol:

15. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 2 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]296423[/snapback]</div>
    Search for yourself:

Lebanese Armed Forces

And, I still hold that Lebanon DESERVES everything rained upon it for condoning the likes of Hezbollah.

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 2 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]296378[/snapback]</div>
    Why do you always paint the Palestinians as the victims?
    Answer to your final question - depends on how many Palesitians/islamofascits there are since no other group seems to be doing that - even when facing similar disparities in weaponry -- the French did not do it to the Germans, nor the Russians to the Germans, heck in 1948 the Jews did NOT do it to the arabs even though the disaparity was even GREATER.

Heck, you are just justifying the im-morality of something most people would know better of.

Try looking at it from the Israeli perspective.

Hey, why dont you give them a nuke and then see how they behave???

17. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 2 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]296436[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, and look what happened: The French got steamrolled, and the Germans almost took Russia if it wasn't their own idiocy. Nonetheless, they managed to effectively control an entire continent.

From just about my first post on this issue I acknowledged both sides are really no *better* than the other when it comes right down to it. You (and many like you) are soooo pro-Israel, anyone with a relatively balanced viewpoint is anti-Israeli...

18. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]296395[/snapback]</div>

Eh, that is because 'Palestine' is a non-entity; it is recognized as the 'West Bank':

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/we.html

Recall that was called the "Palestinian Authority" and before it was "Palestinian Liberation Oraganization" headed by a displaced Egyptian, Yassar Arafat.

In any case, "Palestine" is another group that cut off their own proverbial noses in supporting another HATE group, Hamas.

Anyway, enjoy the read.

19. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I hold that Israeli tactics have helped create the likes of Hezbollah.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Aug 2 2006, 02:23 PM) [snapback]296435[/snapback]</div>

To be continued...

20. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There are two sides to every story. May I recommend reading these two articles:

[Excerpts]