1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

June meet?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by barbaram, Jun 9, 2007.

1. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ok -it's a busy month for everyone...

have a meeting saturday 6/16- could so something in the afternoon....

the NJ craftbrewfest is 6/23 on the Battleship NJ- while I do not condone drinking & driving I will be there via the Riverline....any ideas????

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Jun 9 2007, 10:46 PM) [snapback]458997[/snapback]</div>
    A car meet where we take the train to the ship is a novel idea. I believe the RiverLine is now $1.35.

3. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    June 23rd is better!

iDonna and I were thinking of the first place we met along the river. I don't remember the name, and it was before Danny set up this area for NJ people. Do you remember the name of that place? It was close to the PA border.

The Schedule for the day: Cycling Team will meet there early in the morning and go for a much needed training ride, then meet the rest of whoever shows up for lunch and the "regular" Priuschat meet.

How does that sound?

4. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Jun 11 2007, 09:55 PM) [snapback]459886[/snapback]</div>

AHA! The Ship Inn.

http://britishbrewpub.com/

:D

5. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I will be at The NJ Craft brew fest that day (working) along with the brewer from the Ship Inn, and most brewers from other NJ brewpubs. Probably not a good day to visit any brewpubs.

Here is an interesting art event which I will try attend later or on sunday- Art all Night!
    http://www.artworkstrenton.org/news.html
    there are some big parking lots which should be empty and available for use.....(it is in June, not july!)

The High Street Grill in Mt. Holly is having an Allagash Beer lunch which will probably have seats available.

SOOOOOO whatever you decide on the 23rd, I'll be on the Battleship- sorry!

6. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Jun 12 2007, 06:23 PM) [snapback]460434[/snapback]</div>

I doubt any brew pub is going to close. It would be fiscally irresponsible to do so :) They'll send a rep or two -- it sounds like an important marketing event.

A brewfest sounds great except there's so much temptation to try all the brews. I'd want a designated driver or a place to crash. Place not being my Prius :) Besides, it's kinda like an event unto itself as opposed to a Prius meet where the focus is Prius.

Which reminds me: I see these other clubs sometimes get Toyota folk to attend their meets. I assume all that's involved with that would be making a few phone calls. Anyone chummy with anyone from Toyota? :)

Would Sunday the 24th be better for a morning bike ride and afternoon meet for lunch? I'm good either day.

-D