1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

junior's stumbling speech

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MarinJohn, Jan 10, 2007.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jan 11 2007, 09:31 PM) [snapback]374511[/snapback]</div>
    Well, yeah, that's why I have a sneaking suspicion that Bush will resign. They'd be doing it on their terms. They wouldn't be doing it for the good of the country. No, Bush will be the one who takes the bullet this time.

2. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Jan 12 2007, 06:55 AM) [snapback]374633[/snapback]</div>
    takes the bullet in my mind means goes down with the ship. Since I believe Cheney would pardon him, rather than take the bullet , in this case junior would be slightly grazed, a mere flesh wound. This is why the dems MUST begin secretly getting their double impeachment charges in order. Furthermore, just in principal, I don't want my tax dollars supporting junior to the tune of $400000/year for ever. I'm assuming an impeachment would void that contract.

3. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  4. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jan 12 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]374635[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know. The democrats haven't shown that they've suddenly grown a spine to really challenge the republicans; they're still too afraid of pissing off a block of voters who will relegate them again to minority status. You also have to remember that they haven't really gained enough power in the houses to do any real damage to W. The stem cell bill is a case in point. The republicans who got replaced by democrats were people who supported the bill so the democrats still don't have enough votes to override W in this. I doubt seriously that they have the will and the votes to impeach W and Cheney.

5. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jan 11 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]374175[/snapback]</div>
    No lawyer has stepped forward, but here's a start whereby the idea of simultaneous is inferred and charges posted. Again, I'm no lawyer or constitutional expert, but this information is a good place to start:

http://www.impeachbush.org/site/News2?page...ws_iv_ctrl=1061

6. homer315

homer315 New Member

Want a plan? I'll give you two. You can choose which you like better:

Option 1: Place into power "Saddam II". Find an Iraqi with leadership skills and extreme ruthlessness who is able and willing to take the necessary steps to stabilize the country. That means someone who will use secret police to feret out insurgents and foreign fighters, drag them out into the streets and execute them and their family members, preferably in the fashion most offensive to Muslims. Equip this leader with the troops and equipment necessary to bring Iraq under control, and thereby bring stability for the Iraqi people. Saddam I was effective at keeping stability in this disparate country--unfortunately he was also a megalomaniac who frequently went "off the reservation". Requirements for Saddam II are 1) hatred of Islamic fascism 2) friendly inclincation to the West 3) reasonable level of sanity.

Option 2: Partition Iraqi. Move the Sunnis to an eastern homeland, the Shites to a western one, and the Kurds to a northern one. Divide the oil revenues proportionally among the new countries. Make it clear to the new nations, that any which interfere militarily with their neighbors will have the s*it bombed out of them, which also goes for Iran, Lebanon, Syria and Saudi Arabia.

Either option should involve the complete withdrawl of US forces within the year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 11 2007, 12:28 PM) [snapback]374295[/snapback]</div>

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Maybe if the U.S. started seriously pushing for option 2, the Iraqi's would get their act together and decide to unite and make it work. Kind of a reality check wake up call.

Or the east could unit with Iran, the north with Greece and the remainder be a new, smaller, independent country. They could call themselves Iraq, Persia or something else.

8. fphinney

fphinney Member

9. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Everyone talks about how the Dems or Repubs could or should Do something... But what about YOU doing something. If you don't like how your congress is not doing what YOU want, write YOUR congressman and tell him or her what you want done. If they don't listen, vote them out the next reelection. We have the power to affect change if we use it. Rather then complaining try making your own voice heard. If we all did, the congress would be scared into doing something the majority wants. If congress really did support their constituents Bush would be forced to change by your congress. Until we as the voting public exercise our power, why should our congress exercise theirs?

2 years ago I got so fed up with my congress not impeaching our President and our vice President for lying just as openly as Clinton did, and our young men and women paying the ultimate price for his lies, I started a letter campaign saying that they had lost my vote. The only thing a congress person really wants is their cushy job back for another term. Deny that to them by voting. They will get the message. Did all those people out there really think that W was going to do the right thing? Honestly, he screwed up every business deal he was ever in. Fiscally responsible? Hah! Look at his business fiscal responsibilities if you want his track record. I don't understand the whining now. You got exactly what 48 % of the voting public voted for. 48% of a President. Just because you're a bible thumping Christian doesn't mean you are moral. Just because you side with the democratic ideal doesn't mean that the democratic system works when less then half of voters vote.

Do you really want change?!? Go vote!
    -Paul R. Haller-

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul R. Haller @ Jan 17 2007, 04:23 AM) [snapback]376681[/snapback]</div>
    Except.....they got voted in anyway. So what have they learned? That they can do whatever they want and they won't lose their jobs. I voted mine out and they got in anyway. Some other dumba$$ morons voted them in.

11. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Jan 11 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]374131[/snapback]</div>
    Allow me to make a slight correction, this is the "Republican's" war, not just Bush. Their responsibility for this fiasco won't end when Bush's term is up...

However it still boggles my mind how someone with absolutely no charisma, no public speaking skills, and little grasp of global politics could rise to such power in the US...

12. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveG @ Jan 18 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]377154[/snapback]</div>
    He's really more a corporate spokesperson with the unfortunate ability to start wars.

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveG @ Jan 18 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]377154[/snapback]</div>
    What about all those Dems that voted for the articles of war?

And I agree with you about President Bush - the fact he got elected and RE-elected is AMAZING - imagine the Dems running against a Repub that can actually think and speak on his/her feet! The reason for W's victories in my opinion are due to:

1. The Dems running very very poor candidates. The fact that Kerry and even Edwards are at it again should scare the living daylights out of every Dem. The Dem primary system is tilted toward the left and not the center of the party - this is HUGE in my opinion. The Dems also force their canididates leftward lots of different ways including the moveon.org ruler, their partnerships with the unions, etc. A pro-choice Repub would DEVASTATE any Dem today.
    2. The Dems have moved ideologically to the left too far. They left me and my father and I am sure lots of other basically liberal Jews who also happen to be keen on security issues.

The results of the past election were IMHO more indicative of shaking things up rather than an establishment of an ideological shift to the left in the US.

14. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveG @ Jan 18 2007, 07:32 AM) [snapback]377154[/snapback]</div>
    This is a very important point! The full congress was misled into original support, but slowly as evidence of lies and deceit came to light, most of one party and many in the other have come to oppose. What's left is almost universal neocon blind lockstep endorsement.

15. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveG @ Jan 18 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]377154[/snapback]</div>
    Money, Connections, whatever. On the bright side, if the pundits are right, George has destroyed Jeb's chances (and probably anyone's named Bush, related or not) to ever be president.

16. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 18 2007, 11:44 AM) [snapback]377207[/snapback]</div>
    For once I agree with you.

1. Bush's "popularity" was at 51% at the last election, but once it was over and Kerry went away, his popularity returned to the low 40's (then down into the 30's). So it wasn't that people liked Bush, it was that they didn't want Kerry either.

2. Sure, Dems have moved to the left, but also Republicans to the right. This is the product of our primary system, which splits the political spectrum between the parties and leaves the candidates scrambling to their respective left or right for votes. The moderate or "middle" voters now find themselves on the fringe (of each party). So, each party nominates a left-wing or right-wing candidate who does not have broad appeal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jan 18 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]377225[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not sure that it's lies and deceit so much as utter incompetence and arrogance. "We are where we are" because of some very poor decision-making by those in charge.

17. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jan 17 2007, 06:51 AM) [snapback]377098[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, exactly. I write my representatives in D.C. and all that I get back is an automated form letter saying thanks for the email, we'll probably never read it since you're not a big contributor. Virtually every presidential candidate that I've voted for, going back to Gerald Ford, has lost. Here in Michigan, the only thing you do that will cost you votes is not defending the Amercan auto companies and their interests. No matter how esteemed Carl Levin is, he'll always be a shill for Ford and GM.