1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just about scared a squirrel to death!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by limetime13, Apr 8, 2008.

1. limetime13

limetime13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Funny thing happened on the way home last night. I've read posts about hitting animals and people walking out in front of our cars because they are so quiet.

I was in my neighborhood and coasting down a slight hill headed toward my house. Down the road, in front of me, I noticed a squirrel and slowed down, hoping he would move out of the street. I ended up stopping completely and gave a short "beep" of the horn. Well, if there had been a ceiling, that poor squirrel would have been stuck to it!!!!!!!! It jumped straight up and gave a bit of a flip and TOOK OFF!!!!!!! :eek:

The car is quiet.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's funny!

I have passed deer on the side of the road a few times last fall and this spring. What I find interesting is that when I'm stealthing, they stand there and stare at me. But when the car behind me goes past, they run away or - in one case - dash across the road in front of the car.

On one occasion when there was no other traffic I stopped and watched as they grazed.

3. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I drive late at night at times and it can be real scarry that animals don't even know you are there until it is too late. Just by habit, I hit my horn :director:a few times just to catch the attention of any spirit out there. It can be just as dangerous inside our parking garage at work...so I keep my headlights on.