1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought 2007 with 123k! Anything I should do to it?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sauce, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Sauce

Sauce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Long time PriusChat reader first time posting! I just bought my 3rd Prii after sadly totaling 2 in the last year. My first Prius was a 2nd gen I bought with 120k and was at 270k when it was totaled out. I bought a 3rd gen and had to replace it's engine shortly after purchase and decided to return to the second gen for pure reliability. It's in great shape and was checked out by both a reputable mechanic and a body shop. Any recommendations thst I should do to it? Already planning on changing the trans axle fluid. Thanks!

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats and welcome!

Just follow the maintenance schedule and check the 12v. Do you have the maintenance history?

Make sure you have two fobs, and the mechanical keys work

All the best!(y)

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Changing the ATF is a good one. I'd check the water pump belt at that mileage. Other than that, just let it be. Always keep a budget for a battery replacement as a 2007 is approaching hazard years. Better to have money in a fund that you can put towards another vehicle in the future or repairs versus being completely stuck.

Congrats with the new car!