1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought 2012 Prius 4 w/ Solar Pkg Today

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Dog Face, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @Dog Face: I think you'll find the Bing search function quite useful. It helps make more of the navigation system as you can search for anything as opposed to being limited to the no. of POIs in the nav's database. It's also free form search (just like you would if you were searching on the computer).

e.g. searching for coffee shops

Bing: Type (or say) coffee. Choose from list of results. Click "Target" button to navigate there.

Nav: DEST --> POI --> Restaurants -> Coffee Shops. Scroll to find one nearby.

1 person likes this.
  2. Dog Face

Dog Face New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    @ Tideland Prius: Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to try the Bing app. It's cool that you can use voice recognition with it. What would be really cool is to integrate Bing with the Nav system directly, so when you search, you can either click or say, "set as destination".

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't remember if it does as I only had a short hands-on experience with Entune back in July 2011 and I haven't touched it since (we don't get Entune in Canada) so it's starting to get a little fuzzy in the memory bank.