1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought a Honda Insight

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by hookemhorns, Apr 10, 2009.

1. wstander

wstander New Member

That was MSRP, less $110, plus $1,200 in accessories like foglamps and mats, rear tonneau, etc..

2. wstander

wstander New Member

Yeah, you are probably right...temps in the winter in San Diego are soooo bone chilling...

So, how did your 2010 Prius fare over this last winter, eh? What is your best average MPG so far?

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Lucky you! You don't have to worry about the snow below zero. The summer will kill the Insight MPG because of it's gas powered A/C.

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The two Hondas in my household are looking worn with those problems too. But hey, they are 20 and 23 years old, and still running quite well, and are very economical. No prior cars in this household, nor our parent's households, were even functioning past fifteen years.

If the Civic Hybrid was available as a hatchback, I'd already have one. But it isn't, and the new Insight isn't positioned at the same level as the new Prius, so the later wins.

5. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have now seen THREE Honda Insights on the roads now. And I have to say, they look a lot better on the road than in the dealer. When I first saw the car in the dealer I did not care for the looks so much, but with all three that I have seen while driving on the road, they all looked great! :)