1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Bought A Small Air-Compressor - Where Should I Put It?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by crellion, Sep 26, 2010.

1. crellion

crellion Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought a SLIME Air Compressor for my Prius and am planning to permanently store it in my Prius as part of my emergency equipments. Problem is - I can't figure out how to tuck it away in the open-space cargo area quite right without it rolling around.

Got any suggestions?

2. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a gen 2 and there's lot's of room around the spare tyre or in the tray over the spare tyre, haven't looked at a gen 3 but I'd imagine it's the same layout.

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I put my jump starter box underneath the front passenger seat. That might be a good place for your air compressor too.

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a 12v Battery Booster and I made some loops of 1/8" dia wire rope around the handle and around the bottom with a snap fastener (like on a dog leash) attached to each loop. I attach the snap fastener to the metal ring at the rear of the cargo area to keep the Battery Booster from moving around. You could do something similar for your compressor.

5. crellion

crellion Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Come to think of it, do you guys think it be better if I get a Jump Starter and Inflator all-in-one instead? I've seen some nightmare threads on the Prius requiring jump-starting (cause everything's tied to the batteries.)

If so - I'm actually eyeing the Stanley JC509http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B002X6VXL4?tag=priuschatcom-20 is - I don't know if that thing is necessary... Would something like this even fit under the passenger seat?