1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought a V3 way under MSRP!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by flrover, Nov 5, 2011.

1. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Have to agree with Quentin. OTD varies quite a bit by state for TTL. What is your price before TTL?

2. Anomoly

Anomoly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    MSRP $28,150.00
    Sale Price $26,190.00
    Doc $55.00
    DMV $256.75
    Tax $2,033.99 @ 7.75%
    OTD $28,535.74
    also thoughts on extended warranty etc
    thanks!

1 person likes this.
  3. danbob

danbob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    PMost likely picking up a red v 2 today....

Got them down from 27385 to 26700 using truecar
    They are including carpet and rubber all weather mats at no additional cost.
    Title, DMV, and reg fees should probably amount to about 200 or less
    tax is 7.375 percent
    I got 9k for my trade, which is really only worth 8k, plus I get the balance back on my extended warranty from my trade...
    Put a bit of cash down as well...All we are waiting on now is the finance offer and that will either make or break the deal. How have people's finance rates been with good credit and no special offers?

4. Rhizzlebop

Rhizzlebop Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think you need to get some kind of good offer from another dealer and use that as bargaining power, even if the other dealer is a little further away.

I'd be looking for a base V5 in the 28 to 29K range, not a V3.

Have you been to Truecar and gotten the number for invoice and dealer cost yet? Not the same thing btw.

5. Anomoly

Anomoly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually the $28,000 price point is the OUT THE DOOR price... that's including everything (tax/license/doc/frieght/negotiation-dance-time fee lol etc)

When i bought my Prius III I realized i was wasting my time negotiating the price of the car when they can just make it up in all the other 'misc' fees... so this time i'm negotiating strictly the out the door end of the day, drive away price, if they take that (savings for me) deduction from the 'car price' or the frieght or the doc etc I don't care as long as the end of the day leave the dealership price is under what i'm looking at. .

So I have two dealerships willing to play at out the door $28,000 for the 2012 prius V three.
    (that means that the car 'price' is actually around $26,000)

you can get a Prius V5 in the $28-29 range but out the door you wind up at about $31-$33 or more...

Just wanted some opinions on if I might be able to get lower...

In talking with over 6 or 7 dealerships it seems my $28,000 out the door is going to be about the lowest i can go. thoughts?

and thoughts on extended warranty?

ps @danbob - i got 2.5% apr with good credit and have heard of some getting as low as 0% don't let them shaft you on the apr after you get a great deal on the car... otherwise it's the same thing (you losing money)

6. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I think you can go a few hundred lower. I would probably aim for a sale price of somewhere between $25,500 and $26,000 given some of the anecdotal stories I've heard about v3 purchases in So Cal. But if you don't think a few hundred less is worth your time, I'd also say $26,190 isn't a terrible price by any means.

7. Rhizzlebop

Rhizzlebop Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So first, has anyone gotten 0% financing on the V and if so how?

Secondly, I saw in another thread where some guy said he got a recent graduate discount on his V. I have not heard this being possible. I know lexus had it back when I looked at the ct200h but never heard of it on the v. Any thing to this?

8. GOOSE MAN

GOOSE MAN New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Anomoly,

I agree with pdp you may be able to squeeze some more OTD, or you can call another dealer and see if you they can beat that OTD price. You can also, shop around for a v five for maybe 1000 more OTD with the ATP but it may not be the color you want. Good luck and remember go hard (at negotiating) or go home, but never go home hard....

1 person likes this.
  9. Ruby'sDad

Ruby'sDad New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Re: Just bought a V2 way under MSRP!

New to this forum. Just took delivery of a 2012 PriusV two. Blizzard Pearl White. I think I got a good deal... MSRP of $27160 with only options of mats ($225), Paint ($220) Mud guards ($155) for a total MSRP of $27760. I paid $26,189 before taxes, license, title fees. I think that should be $1571 under MSRP, or by my calculations, I got about $224 of dealer holdback. Did I do good?.... :)

10. Anomoly

Anomoly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I've been doing ALOT of research ... on the Prius V three... i've been able to talk down (and piss off) a lot of dealers, many of whom say I will NEVER get a Prius V three at the price I have invoiced... I will find out on Sat...

The price I have already put up with the out the door $28,500 is the second best...

yesterday I was able to get an invoice from a dealer with the car sale price under $26,000 :rockon: and putting me OUT THE DOOR (including tax, license everything) under $28,000 :cheer2:(according to true car this is below all invoices, including factory and dealer)

I've talked to EVERY major dealer in southern california and most tell me that at this price i'm getting is a better price then they get directly from toyota.

I will keep you all updated.

@rubysdad For the Prius two the true car market average is about $26,651 anything below that and your above average :) ... I personally think you should be able to get that for about $1500 - $2000 less than the Three (so i would have tried to get closer to $25,000) but as you start adding different options things can get crazy. As long as you feel satisfied with what you got - then it's all good.

@rhizzlebop YES there is an recent grad $1000 discount along with an active military discount... I don't qualify so i didn't pry deeper into it.

11. Ruby'sDad

Ruby'sDad New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

Anomoly...You must be getting some real deals in California :D. I don't think that is going to happen here in Virginia. I was a Toyota salesman 15 years ago, and if you can get into dealer holdback on a new model, with no factory to dealer incentives, cash back or financing deals, you're doing pretty good here! I suppose we can feel better by only having to pay 3% state sales tax vs 7.5%.

1 person likes this.
  12. Anomoly

Anomoly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Trust me most of the dealers I talked to wouldn't even consider going close to what I was negotiating for, some laughed and some got upset at the even thought of it.

Sometimes its not worth all the extra back and forth just to get the 'lowest price' but sometimes it works out... if only i could get it at 3% on the state sales haha. :D

13. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Again, sorry to be nit picking at your posts, but are you serious??? A v 5 WITH ATP for only $1000 more than a v Three??????? I hope I misunderstood what you meant otherwise you're really selling some pipe dreams to all the people reading your posts.

14. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Agreed PDP. Dealer invoice for V 5 with atp is another $4000 plus. MSRP is over $5k. you can see these numbers on the net. no way any dealer would ever sell one for only an additonal $1000.