1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought my 1st Prius! 2013 Prius v!!

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by 2013PriusVDale, Aug 25, 2018.

1. 2013PriusVDale

2013PriusVDale New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    V
    Hey ya'll!! New to Prius but have marveled at them for sometime now. When I went out car shopping, I knew in the back of my mind that I was going home in a Prius, and I did. I got a 2013 Prius V with 58,000 miles for $11,500. It looks brand new inside and out. LOVE IT!!!
    I have some questions due to sheer ignorance and inexperience; like....is it bad for the engine to switch drive modes while driving? Are there any tricks of the trade so to speak I should know about to save myself and "Ruby" future anguish? I named 'er Ruby on account of her beautiful RED exterior paint job. Believe it nor not, the dealership was struck by lightening while I was there and they had to close down and usher everyone outside to leave, but that meant I got to take Ruby home for a 24-hour test drive essentially. LOL How awesome is that? I need to take 'er on the highway tomorrow to make sure "she" runs smooth at all speeds.
    Thanks in advance for all and any advice or tips. Much appreciated!!

-Dale (Floridian)

bisco likes this.
  2. 2013PriusVDale

2013PriusVDale New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    V
    Sorry!! Just realized that I don't have a V I have a HB 2!! Sorry!! Ugh!!

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Welcome (anyway)!

Making engine mode changes on the fly is fine, just realize the mode will not actually switch until you come entirely off the accelerator pedal.

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You will find more specific information in the Gen 3 forum. Just realize that forums often focus on issues but the Prius is one of the most reliable vehicles out there. Consumers Reports recently listed it as a number one used car. It obviously holds value well compared to some vehicles. A couple of interesting facts: you have no belts on the engine to replace, your air conditioner is an inverter driven three phase electric driven unit for top performance even with the engine off, brakes can last well over 200k miles (my case), and Toyota is pretty good about taking care of clear design issues that may pop up down the line.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!

just drive her and enjoy. nothing special to do or worry about. spend some time here perusing old threads and you'll pick up tips as you go along.

all the best!(y)(y)