1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought new Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Amy Turrow, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Amy Turrow

Amy Turrow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Happy New Year everyone ;-).

After month-long search, I finally got my Prime today… YIPPE: a premium in blue with the moonstone interior. Included the following options:

Lower Console/Shifter Applique Package
    Rear Bumper Applique
    Carpet Mat Package

After some negotiations, the dealer agreed to grant me $500 off the MSRP of $30,163. Also, asked the salesman to use his employee discount (25%) to purchase the illuminated door sills option (MSRP $299 wholesale price is $179) which I will pay for. Hopefully I did get a good deal.

2. Amy Turrow

Amy Turrow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    oops.. forgot to mention.. I decided to go for the $1000 cash rebate (applied for a loan at my bank with interest rate over .9% Toyota currently offer but I will pay off the loan early so it is more to my advantage to go for the cash rebate), therefore, the price before tax and license is $28,663.

dalcon95 and bisco like this.
  3. Gen 3 for me

Gen 3 for me Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I think you did well. Was it hard to find the color and interior you wanted?

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! love the blue and moon!(y) are you keeping the pip?

5. dalcon95

dalcon95 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Don't forget that you also get a federal tax credit of $4502 for buying a Prime!!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. Will_Prius16

Will_Prius16 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Congrats! I'm glad you got a discount!

Sucks hearing about those who pay msrp from sales managers who self-promotes on this message board not offering any discount. Not cool

#6 Will_Prius16, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  7. Optimus PRIME

Optimus PRIME Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats! I wanted the Blue color initially but the dealership here had a RED one on the showroom floor and I decided that I was not going to wait months for a blue one. :)

dalcon95 likes this.
  8. dalcon95

dalcon95 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I bought the first and only on they had. I thought white wasn't my first choice I was leaning towards dark gray, but after getting a test drive a seeing the white car in person, I decided that the white grew on me. Especially when I saw there was a premium price to get white. I thought it must a highly like color.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's a 3-coat paint process to give it that pearlescent look. That's why it's an extra cost.

Hypersonic Red is also an extra cost colour for its 3-coat paint (aluminium layer, deep red transparent layer, clear coat)

dalcon95 likes this.
  10. inferno

inferno Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is it worth it...........?

11. dalcon95

dalcon95 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I like the metallic white instead of pure white. It has an upscale look like a Lexus color. From a distance, you can't see it, but up at the car, it looks nice! For less than ~ $400, I think it is worth it.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  12. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations, Amy!

There's a strong chance we'll go in to order a Prius Prime Advanced this afternoon! That'll be a big improvement over our current 2009 Touring!

One question that comes to mind, for you or anybody else to answer, is how to be certain that all ADAS functions are enabled, all the time. I don't want to let myself become dependent upon radar adaptive cruise control, lane-departure warning and so forth, ***but even worse, I reeeeally don't want to (inadvertently) become dependent upon them only to find that they unexpectedly got turned off somehow!***

So, the emphasis is on a *rapid* checklist procedure I can perform every time I get into the cockpit to be *100% certain* that these backup safety systems are *for-sure all enabled* and didn't somehow, inadvertently get turned off.

First, some of them, best I can tell from YouTube videos, *cannot be turned off, ever*. For example, low-speed emergency braking, best I can tell, cannot be turned off? So no need to be concerned about it inadvertently getting turned off, true?

Similarly, cruise control, best I can tell, is always radar adaptive, right? That is, it doesn't function as an old-style cruise control, and you have to turn on the radar system to make it adaptive. It's *always* adaptive to the speed and distance to the car in front of you (if any), right? There's *no risk* of the radar-adaptive feature getting turned off inadvertently, right?

As a general matter, do these ADAS functions come up *on* if you had them *on* in your last drive, or perhaps even better, come up *on* *regardless of whether they were on or off last Drive*?

From YouTube, I think I see how to scroll the multifunction display to verify lane-departure features are on. That might be a sufficiently quick procedure to check every time I get in the cockpit...

Thanks everybody! Congraagain, Amy!

13. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Ah! After all that writing, I maybe might have seen the answer to my question: I just noticed that one of the YouTube videos, talking about the multifunction display, just for a fraction of a second zoomed out and I *think* I saw dashboard lights that confirm the on/off status of these ADAS features. True?

14. OMAR SAYEED

OMAR SAYEED Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
  15. Captmiddy

Captmiddy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not sure about all of them, but yes several of them are in the status lights. They don't turn off easily or on easily. You sort of have to dig through some screens to change their settings so if you put them on, the chances of them turning off is pretty slim unless you intend it to happen. Unlike the auto headlights which I find turned off every time I pick up my car after service GRRR!!! Almost as bad as when they move my seat way forward for the service guy and I can't even fit into the car without my knees ending up around my earlobes (Okay exaggeration but still annoying, rather they always push the seat all the way back than to pull it forward).

16. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Can you answer a question about "auto headlights" ? I understand they come on automatically but do they go to bright automatically or do you do that manually?

17. dalcon95

dalcon95 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    In order to have the high beams in auto, you have to turn the switch on the dash left of the steering wheel. Then push the the left headlight arm forward like you would turn the high beams on yourself manually. After that they should come on and off automatically. If you want them off altogether, pull the back in the normal position.

Captmiddy likes this.
  18. inferno

inferno Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What I'm trying to figure out is if you can have auto highbeams + auto headlights on...I don't think you can.

19. Captmiddy

Captmiddy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes you can. Auto Headlights is a dial on the headlights. Auto High beams is a switch on a menu. They are completely independent. If you leave the headlights in auto on and the control stick forward (as if you were turning on the high beams) then you would be in auto headlights with high beams. No turn on auto high beams and you get both. Honestly though, unless you live in a rather rural area, I would suggest you probably do not want auto high beams always on. There is a delay to the switch and around urban areas this may not be good. Have the control set for auto is good, but always having the headlights in high beam no so much

dalcon95 likes this.
  20. dalcon95

dalcon95 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Auto headlights are the dial on the headlight arm and auto high beams switch is a push button on the dash left of the steering wheel.