1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just completed auto lock install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Missileman, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Missileman

Missileman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just finished installing the latest version of the Coastal Tech auto door lock mod in my 2008 Prius.

I ordered on Thursday and it shipped Thursday. I received it on Friday (I'm only about 70 miles away).

I installed it today in about 15 minutes start to finish. Instructions are clear and photos were very helpful. One note of caution though, there is a second primarily purple wire in the computer connector so make sure you get the right one.

Unit works just as advertised. Doors lock as soon as speed hits 15MPH. I know it only works once until it is reset and it doesn't unlock the doors on stopping, but it works for what I wanted it for. I hardly put anything in the back seat and the smart key works fine when going to the hatch so I am very happy with this unit. To me the delay in locking is perfect since I am always waiting on the wife to get in and get situated and I hit the power button immediately to get the AC running. (Florida is a bit warm most days ;))

Just an FYI for anyone looking about for a door lock kit and a way to say "Hello" to the forum. Been reading for several months and have learned a lot from the people here. Even fixed my own "phantom stalling" problem when the dealer kept saying everything was perfect. Keep up the good works guys and thanks again for all the information you guys and gals make available to us newbie Prius owners.

2. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    sounds great. how long did it take to install?

3. Missileman

Missileman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well in reality it took me about 5-10 minutes to remove all the panels from the dash and floorboard. Probably 5 minutes to get the computer connector loose. The tab is REAL hard to get to and get it to release correctly. 10 minutes to install the wiretaps and make sure they were right and 10 minutes to re-assemble everything. I'd say 30 - 40 minutes total including test drive. Really a much simpler job than I expected.