1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just exactly what I needed to know :) :) :)

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Chris Wolfgram, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Chris Wolfgram

Chris Wolfgram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    So I was surfing around watching youtube vids, and stumbled across a little 81 second cell phone vid, with a car audio installer talking about a 5ch amp installed in his wifes 2018 Prius LE.... Exactly what I needed to know about !

So I did some detective work, and found out where the guy was.... In Rossville Indiana, at Custom Audio Reimagined.... Got the phone number, called it, and what do you know... the same guy in the video answered :) Nice guy who gave me some super valuable info.
    First off, he assured me that the amp I am going to use, which runs 3 x 30 amp fuses, will not likely pull more than 40 or 50 amps on a regular music listening basis, and that my Prius can handle up to 80 amps before it will throw a warning code that something is wrong with the electrical system.

Then, he asked me, was I going to use a Line out converter ? I told him yes, and I was thinking about using the Audio Control LC7i..... and he said, "DON"T use that". It will need to be wired into your factory system, and this will void your warranty. Instead, get a Metra Axess DSP-X. It will plug right inline with your factory setup, will not hurt your warranty, and once installed, it can be adjusted and fine tuned all from your smart phone with use of a downloadable app :) How cool is that ? Kind of pricey, but it will help to make my factory system sound phenomenal.

Box is coming along great. Will post some updates soon. Alread ordered my Axess DSP-X processor ;)

habs247 and krmcg like this.