1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got a Prius, but I'm having issues getting Bluetooth to work correctly on android.

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ChelsinMotion, Aug 1, 2017.

1. ChelsinMotion

ChelsinMotion New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just got a 2017 Prius 4, but trying to get it working on my phone has been a pain. I'm moving on from using USB to just going Bluetooth, I accept that, however having issues with the controls there.

When I use poweramp, the shuffle and repeat buttons don't do anything and there's no way to search. If I use my standard LG player, all the controls work but when I have an interruption the song repeats.

Anyone have any suggestions or music player apps they would recommend?

2. liquidtenmillion

liquidtenmillion Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you tried not using any audio player at all on your phone, and just choosing your songs from the head unit?

With my phone I can click on Audio on the car and then Bluetooth and then it starts playing. There is a button at shows "Browse Device" and if I click that I can choose my song by artist/album etc. I can choose which album/song/playlist I want to play and I can hit the random/repeat button no problem on the head unit. I can click the picture and see my current playlist.

When you do it this way your car requests the song and your phone renders it using your default audio player, whether iPhone or android. I suspect there are some android phones that don't support the necessary functionality for the "Browse Device" button to show up however.

RCO likes this.
  3. ChelsinMotion

ChelsinMotion New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'll have to give that a shot, but I think that may be about the same same of opening up the native android app first. Other issue there I learned last night is that there's no way to limit the folders so random playthrough brings up every audio file on the phone.

Thanks for the tip though, I'll see how it goes when I get out of the office.