1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got a v!

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Nexus99, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Nexus99

Nexus99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Bought a new v yesterday. Blizzard Pearl five. Pretty much have only driven it home. 25 total miles now.

Anyone have any suggestions for things I should be doing now?

I got signed up for entune and I am trying to figure that out now.

My first service appointment is scheduled.

2. misspiggybank

misspiggybank Prius V Piggy Bank

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    If it's not already tinted then you can really improve the look and coolness with window tinting. I think Blizzard Pearl White looks best with dark tint.
    My dealer had Entune on and all I had to do was download the Entune program on my android cell from the apps site. Open Entune app on phone. Then open your settings to bluetooth pairing to find and it should find your cell phone. It was simple but I still need to check phone each time to open it for bluetooth pairing. Remember that you need the Entune app open on phone each time you enter your Prius v. I believe you made a very smart buy! Enjoy the technology!

3. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Nexus99 – Welcome to the Prius v “Hive.” If you are interested in working at driving “Hybrid $mart” to Max Out your MPG, I invite you to click on the link in my signature and give my “Ten Tips Guide…” a studied read. While there, consider clicking the “Caddy In A Kimono” link and joining our dedicated Prius v group.

4. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Smile smugly at every other gas hog on the road whenever you stop at a traffic light.

5. Aixtrip

Aixtrip Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Vary speeds during the break in period. Watch the heavy breaking too. It's in the manual.
    Also, you can have the dealer reprogram the continuous reverse beeping to a single beep. Enjoy. I have a feeling you're going to love it!

6. Nexus99

Nexus99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Thanks all!

7. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got mine, too!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wagonater likes this.
  8. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the lovely pics Quentin. Don't forget to press the SOS button to test the volume. Let us know if you can hear the person on the other side of the line OK. Also play with the height adjuster lever. It can rachet up and down over 20 times from max high to low.

9. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Quentin – Congrats…and welcome to the Prius v “Hive.” It has been a long time coming for you on that “slow boat” from Japan. Nice showroom pix.

10. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Some better pics with my 4Runner, which is basically the polar opposite to the v (body on frame, longitudinal drivetrain, 4WD, near vertical windshield and nose, low tech, etc.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting a hang of the Entune. Still need another few hours of poking around.

11. Hankth

Hankth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just got our first service and had the reverse beep set to one beep only. I believe the car is perfect now, lol. The drive system is really very clever and satisfying to drive. I drive with the energy monitor screen on a lot. It has helped me learn how to drive on the battery only more of the time.

12. mrnoyb

mrnoyb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations on your new v. How long does it take service to program the reverse beep feature? Could it have been done before you took delivery?