1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JUST GOT MY PRIUS!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ravenlocks, Apr 11, 2006.

1. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats and I am still waiting....I commute 100 miles daily and gas prices are killing me!!

2. Ravenlocks

Ravenlocks New Member

Yeah, I've defiently become more aware of my surroundings when I park the car. I've never been so protective before. I even take out a soft cloth towel at stop lights and wipe any dust off the radio panel - yeah ...its bad. :p But Im still in that new car stage, and this is my first real new car...I was always getting used cars before this. Something nice about being an original owner. :)

It's interesting too because someone else at my job has a hybrid Honda Civic. People have been doing comparisons between his car and mine as hybrids. I like the design of the civic, very sporty. But from what I have read, if you really want a true hybrid, then the Prius is the way to go.

Out of curiosity, how far has anyone got on one tank of gas? The first time I filled up, I got up to 415 miles on one tank. Did anyone notice a gas light come on at all?

Take care guys!

Kim

3. mmmdowning

mmmdowning Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well on the gas thing, I thought my gas gauge was messed up. I had gone 173miles and the gauge hasn't even moved. So on the way home i figured I'll top off to be sure. Wow, it only took 2.2 gallons and that was it. So between gas and electric I went 170 miles on just over 2 gals? I smiled from ear to ear.

4. YBLee

YBLee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Congrats! I'm one tank into ownership. $25 verses $48 per tank is a major improvement in the right direction!
    Good luck,

5. ml86

ml86 New Member

My relationship with my Prius is 2 weeks and 10 hours old. I have to take a trip next weekend and it will cost me $30 more to take a cab than airport parking. But I may take the cab. I feel very protective.

This is such a fun car. It has the sporty appeal of my first car, '65 Mustang, and the quirky good sense of my second car, '71 baby blue VW, all rolled into one. My brother bought a Harley and loves to take it on the road cause it is always a conversation starter and instant kinship. I'm having that experience with the Prius. People love to gawk and ask questions. And the nice thing is it attracts people I might actually find interesting to talk to. I actually met a friend from years past last weekend because they came up to me and asked about my Prius. "We know each other, you know." Cool.

I started out looking for Seaside Pearl but took a chance and went with the flashier Barcelona Red. With the silver tail lights it is quite an eye-catcher. I couldn't be happier. I was really thrilled to get just the right options I wanted rather than having to settle for a package that cost more and contained things that weren't for me. Now if I can just keep from spending a fortune on neat add-ons...

6. BoosPrius

BoosPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ravenlocks @ Apr 12 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]238574[/snapback]</div>

I easily got 485 miles on my third tank of gas. I made 506 miles on my next tank but also ran out of gas just a few miles later.

Gary
    2006 Super White