1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got the Husky Liners

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by dM@n, Aug 19, 2012.

1. the_animal99

the_animal99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    FYI, was able to grab the Husky Weatherbeater Liners here for $97.71 with free shipping after using the promo code HUSKY15.

2. BlueStreakinC3inIN

BlueStreakinC3inIN New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I installed Toyota weather floor mats yesterday. What a disappointment on how short they are on driver's side! I suspect engineers that are really scared about them getting under pedals. Bummer for me. Definitely do NOT recommend Toyotas.

3. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Those Toyota weather floor mats are half-assed, literally. Too damn short to be useful.

I ordered a set of Huskys for $97 bucks thanks to the_animal99.

4. Akoforever

Akoforever Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    No, that cost extra and my salesman didn't even offer it. Mine came with the 5pc Carpet floor mats (includes cargo mat) with the Prius C logo. ha, i'm actually trying to sell my set on craigslist since i can't use it with the Husky Liners

5. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    about to order the Husky (front, rear, and cargo). thanks for all the input in this thread to help with the decision!

(edit)

Tues: Husky liners arrived and fit perfectly. Front, rear, and cargo. And I like the generous covering of the footrest area. The spikes under the front and rear mats keep everything in place.

6. MrPete

MrPete Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just ordered a black set of Husky front and rear. Thanks for the link above! $99 instead of $123 and free shipping.

If they look TOO "industrial", I'm thinking I will just keep them installed during winter and rain/mud trips :)

7. smille76

smille76 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A

First post here, I just got my C last week (2014 Canadian spec, "Tech" package, maybe similar to a Three in USA).

Since I live in Montreal Canada, heavy duty winter carpets are mandatory if you want to have your car interior stay nice for a while.

On my previous car (2010 Kia Forte), I had Weathertechs Exact Fit mats. i was always disappointed with them for a few reasons:

-They cover half of the dead pedal area....not good, there was always a pool of crusted salt on the rug near this area
    -They are too low near the gas release trap area....when snow melts during driving, the water slides back and on the carpet near the base of the seat. There was soo much salt and gunk there that my seat frame started to rust after only 3 years. I'm quite caring for my vehicles and this was unacceptable after paying about 250$ CDN for these mats.

So I decided to order the Huskys from partsengine in Canada (129$ CDN shipped for front and rear). So far I am really impressed, they are really nice and they cover the whole bottom of the car with high sides. I might have a more recent version of these mats because mine have the 2 retention holes like the Toyota OEM carpets. It looks quite watertight though, you turn these locks a quarter turn and no water seems to go through.

Another thing that I liked is that the gas release latch is completely covered, leaving you the option to cut it or not. I chose to let it uncut, because on my former car there was always a crust of salt jammed there and it was really hard to clean with my carpet machine during the summer. Also, it eventually corroded the latch mechanism. I just have to slide my fingers under the mat to release the lever when I add some gas and the latch stays clean and protected.

So far, I'm very pleased with my purchase and plan to add some for my gf Subaru next fall.

Cheers!

smille76

koipond likes this.