1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just in time for Halloween...

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by fenderjazz, Oct 23, 2022.

1. fenderjazz

fenderjazz New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    ...I think my 2014 Prius C has a haunted head unit. The thing works fine when I start everything up -- for about five minutes. Then everything freezes -- on/off, tuning, touch screen, steering wheel controls, apps button, everything. Except sometimes only some of the functions freeze, but then the touch screen gives me results I didn't ask for -- going to BlueTooth unrequested, dialing the phone unrequested, etc. So I shut off the engine, and everything goes back to normal--for five minutes, then here we go again. And in all of this, the volume control and tuning controls remain unaffected.

I thought I was looking at a new head unit,but reading some of the forum, I realize it could be another culprit, like the box extender, or something I haven't heard of. Anybody else have these same gremlins sometime?

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    First guess: bad clockspring cable in the steering wheel; it thinks somebody is mashing steering wheel stereo buttons but it's really just intermittent connections.

Second guess: lousy solder joints on a circuit board inside.