1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just joined the Prius Club

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kylersk, Feb 3, 2015.

1. kylersk

kylersk New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Picked up an 09 Prius with just under 70K miles.

Funny how once you own a car, you notice them all over. Driving home the other day there were 3 of us in a row. :)

I know winter driving causes less MPG's but it's currently getting the same MPG's as my 14 Fusion Hybrid, 39MPG. I assume this is normal? Current temps in Minnesota are in the 20's F.

I also know there are bladder issues, but to only put in 6 gallons with 1 flashing gas gauge bar? Should I have that checked out?

Thanks in advance.

2. kylersk

kylersk New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Registered at Toyota's owners website and saw the Vehicle service history report. The car was brought to the dealer every 3-4k miles for service. That's re-assuring...

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! that's a bit low unless you're doing short (under 5 miles) trips. but the bladder is tricky for one time fills, and you may need to wait until you get an average of 10 tanks or more. i don't think there's any point to having it checked out, it is what it is. all the best!(y)

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When driven the same way on the same routes, the 2009 Prius should be getting slightly better than the Fusion Hybrid, though not necessarily by much.

Browse through this posting for hints. Some parts will apply to both cars, some will apply only to the Prius because it is a Prius, and some will apply just to the older car that may (or may not) have had the original tires and 12V battery replaced:

Fuel economy complaints/queries? Please copy, paste & answer these questions, esp. if you're new

#4 fuzzy1, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  5. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Be sure to search this site for "hypermile" and "pulse and glide". Can add to mpgs.

6. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Congratulations & welcome! :)