1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just need to vent...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mendel Leisk, Jul 6, 2022.

1. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Does anyone keep track of the hardened criminal and gang element that cross borders during times of mass migrations. And does mass illegal immigration ever stop along that border?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Illegal border crossing is only an issue for those who are anti-borderless / globalist mentality, so come on man ....
    ;)

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Limited, legal, work permits, routed to where labor is needed, appeals quickly heard. Controlled, planned, funded administration and enforcement. And immediate citizenship for the dreamers with felony free records after vetting. Where is the bill to fund more immigration judges? Where is the bill to define the policy of who gets admitted under what rules and time limits?

Ah no. We need a whip up the base issue.

John321 and Trollbait like this.
  5. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    vvillovv likes this.
  7. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Looks like the first round of retraining pilots how to fly that jet, didn't cover all the new changes well enough yet. How to explain what will happen when this issue shows up, or what to check when this alert happens.
    I watched a few of this channels videos yesterday after reading about the door plug blowout on the Air Alaska flight from Portland OR to Ontario CA
    youtu.be/330h41yZo-Q

#1308 vvillovv, Jan 8, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  8. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought plane tickets for my next job.

The good news is that it isn't a 737 MAX.

The bad news is that it's a 737-900. Miserable cramped filthy things.

The bright side is that the ride home is in an A319.

9. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  10. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  11. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm sure a pilot could tell you all kinds of differences.

What I'll say is that a 737 family is 3.54 meters across the cabin, and the A320 family is 3.7 meters.

It's literally the extra inch that matters, when you get right down to the seat.

Also the new overhead bin system Airbus developed for the A320 line is fantastic. Enough room for everyone's bags, no delay at the gate while they stow the unlucky last-to-board.

Vent qualification statement: I remember when Boeing built the best airplanes humans could engineer.

Now they just perform final assembly on the best ones their subcontractors spite-built after arguments with the accounting department.

12. mikefocke

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    \Were they reported? What did the mechanics do? Millions of costs because someone didn't follow what common sense would have told them to do or the mechanics there didn't have the training or tools.

I think back to the days when a simple ICE car had a repair and diagnostics manual in 6 volumes ... all paper. The machine that replaced all that paper cost about $25k for the dealer. Wonder what it would be now and what the tools would cost to do the diagnosis...then extrapolate it to a plane.

13. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Alan should have thought about his time at Diddler's Reef before making so many comments about Grampotus
    , and pissing off his 'betters.'
    As it turns out?
    You CAN manufacture feces.
    One example of us being 'tisk tisked' by our 'moral betters:'
    The (not so) surprising revelations of the Epstein list | Opinions | Al Jazeera

Women in Qatar - Wikipedia
    LGBT rights in Qatar - Wikipedia

...oops.

#1314 ETC(SS), Jan 8, 2024
    vvillovv likes this.
  14. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Costs in aerospace are astronomical in terms of us wee folk. Yesterday I dove into the differences in model sub varients of commercial airliners and the airliners buying them. Of course Emirates Air was / is a big player in the bowing - airbus competition for orders of new jets. One big issue are the engines and what they call wing time. Wing time (or something close to that -
    (( see timestamp 11:55 in the second youtube link below for the skinny on wing time )))
    - is the amount of time an engine can be maintained while still being on the wing, And it seems that airbus has a new Rolls Royce engine for the new ( airbus A350 something ) that has a much shorter wing time the new ( bowing 777 "something" ) model. And it was said that during the Dubai air show last year(?) Emirates Air changed their order for the airbus A350 and put in a bigish order for the bowing 777 due to the wing time difference. More was talked about how Emirates Air has the most(?) airbus A380 jets (biggest commercial jets) and would have put in an order for them if airbus still made them, because Emirates Air can fill those jet full all year long.

I think what Chap was referring to was pilot not heeding the cockpit warning of cabin de-pressure. (I haven't yet seen that indicated in the FAA report(s), but that is what I was responding to, and not issue with maintenance, which I'm sure is another pressing issue with these new jets.
    It's a pretty complex dance of safety and economics always at play both with jets currently in airline fleets, orders for new jets to replace aging fleet jets and research and development of newer vastly more complex jets.

I was able to find the two youtubes I watched yesterday.
    this one is 12 minutes youtu.be/GpppOB3SAVE
    and this one is 22 minutes and this guy says he's a pilot and I liked this one more as it explains things in more detail about the engines and sub model variants, etc....
    youtu.be/t9aKVLI7kto

did I miss anything you're interested in?

#1315 vvillovv, Jan 8, 2024
  15. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There was a cockpit warning about cabin pressure ... on three previous flights. Those flights did not experience rapid unscheduled depressurization. So the warning was about something else to do with the pressure; it was not the result of the door plug blowing out.

Whatever warning it was trying to give about the pressure, it was ignored by resetting the warning, and the plane was again flown.

Perhaps it just needed to vent.

vvillovv likes this.
  16. mikefocke

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
  17. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    And we do do regularly and forget about it and the trash we put at the curb as soon as we flush or the truck comes along and picks up the trash and takes it away somewhere out of our view. Is trash, poo poo pee pee really not much of an issue for 8 billion times over and over and out?

indeeeed !!!!

18. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    He thinks he is better than Abraham Lincoln, and the civil war could have been negotiated. If Lincoln had negotiated the civil war like he knows it could, Lincoln wouldn’t even be remembered. Ventilation.

19. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    History: fail.
    From a person who is GOING to vote against Trump again....(if I am allowed to...)

A famous quote from a letter.....
    "...If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that...."

Lincoln was a complicated dude, as are most people who history puts in the path of important stuff.
    "Honest Abe" was also pretty famous for exaggerating his travel claims for reimbursement purposes while he was a congress critter.
    As it turns out - when you get your ticket punched by an assassin while you're POTUS, your history gets 'modified' somewhat.

No.
    I'm not engaging in the popular sport of post mortem character assassination with my beloved nation's heroes.
    Lincoln WAS and IS a hero, but he was also human and he lived in the 1850's.
    As they say in Havad......"it's all about context."
    See also: Jack Kennedy.
    ANOTHER very flawed POTUS who met his moment in history and probably saved the nation all by himself.

Abe's red line was THE Union.
    Period.
    Full Stop.
    He would have thrown every single slave all the way under the bus to preserve the Union (or shipped them up to Canada....wink-wink!)
    He had Union troops shoot well over 100 draft "protesters" in NYC.
    He completely wiped his backside with the Constitution to save the union - AND succeeded.
    We DID negotiate!
    All the way up to the point where they started lobbing cannon balls into Ft Sumter.
    Then?
    It was time to stop negotiating and the fight was on.

Trump's idea of 'negotiating' would have been more like the 'deal' where Union troops were supplied with previously scrapped equipment from the War of 1812, at vastly inflated prices - something that actually DID happen.

More than once.

I'm aware that reporters don't really get degrees in the 'hard stuff' but don't you have to graduate high school to be a journo?

#1320 ETC(SS), Jan 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2024