1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Out of Curiosity - Removing License Plate Numbers in Pictures

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by FUUFNF, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Southern Dad

Southern Dad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Every time you drive down the road people see your license plate. Think of how many cameras you drive past on a daily basis. There does seem to be more and more of them. Then again, my car is parked in the driveway with the plate is visible.

When I was military and stationed in the Netherlands, it was decided that the USA license plates used by US servicemen in Germany made it too easy to identify the US Army soldier's vehicles. So, in order to blend in they issued us Dutch license plates. Of course, that worked really well. My 1984 Chevrolet Corvette with its smaller version of the Dutch license plate really blended in well. (It turns out European license plates don't fit a US vehicle.)

2. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Google already knows more about each and every one of us than we could ever get by just using someones license plate number. But if it makes you warm and fuzzy inside to blur it out, then so be it.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Again, it's lurkers on the web who might get angry about something someone says and decide to find that person and do something about it, who are the issue here. When I meet someone face to face, I happily tell them my name.

I'm not worried about Ceiling Cat either. I like cats and cats like me. Ceiling Cat is welcome. As long as he doesn't clump up the insulation. If he does that he'll have to come down into the house and leave the insulation alone.

1 person likes this.
  4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Someone in the UK may (or may not) have my plate number or do I have theirs?

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two