1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Picked Up My 2016 THREE

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by JimmyPri, Apr 2, 2016.

1. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I purchaced the 2016 Three not III this morning at Big Island Toyota. The salesman, Bob, was great and low key and no pressure. The financial part of it was handled smoothly and also with no pressure.

It is wonderful. The color is silver with moonstone interior. I was afraid the seats would be too light but they aren't; they are more grey. The white console doesn't bother me. But the white front part of the dash will take some getting used to. Although, it might help by not getting as hot as black would with the sun shinning on it. I read a thread here recently about the fit and finish problem but mine is perfect.

I only put abot 15 miles on it so far. The ride is smooth and mosly quiet. The ICE did come on a little more than I thought it would. But it had just been put on the lot and me and the sales person sat in it with the air on for a while before going out on the test drive. And then we drove up a hill getting up to 55mph so I could see if I could live with the performance at that speed. I feel it is more than adaquet. The sound of the ICE at that speed and whenever it came on soundes to me only as if the climate countrol fan had been put up one or to nothes higher.

I'll post more observations and probably many questions in the weeks ahead. I intend to do some video that I will put up on vimeo.

Sergiospl, bisco, Jim in NC and 3 others like this.
  2. Jim in NC

Jim in NC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nice man! I just got a silver one myself and do like it a lot.

The first model that I test drove with the salesman was the light "sea Pearl green" which is good too and had the tan interior.
    Although I thought the light tan interior looked good, I was thinking ahead to how fingerprints, dust, dirt and smudges would stain it over time. So I ended up with the Black interior.

Enjoy your new toy. :)

krmcg likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome, all the best!(y)

4. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations!:)

5. I'mJp

I'mJp Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Three
    It's snowing right now, where I'm am.

If you throw a picture of your car, near a palm tree...

6. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'll will post a picture of the car with palms. But I was out this morning and took this one of the silver color Prius. Actually, there are tall palms behind the car. They are way out of the picture. Better photos with Hawaii landscape near the car to come soon. My Pri 2.jpg

Here is the photo you wanted to see near palm trees with the ocean in the background. Prius:Palms.jpg

7. Jim in NC

Jim in NC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey Jimmy! (my name too) Your Prius looks really nice. :cool:

In the bright sunlight it looks almost white not silver. I know that white and silver are the 2 lightest colors that reflect the most light and don't get as hot. My silver one looks darker close up, but here we haven't had as much nice sunny weather yet. We will soon.

Do you like the moon interior? Does it feel too bright to you, or do you wear sunglasses when your driving? Pictures I've seen of it on Toyota's website look nice, but I was afraid it would be too light for me. My 2010 Prius is 'misty gray' interior which is very light.

Can you post a pic of your interior? Thanks!

8. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi Jim in NC, in the photo it looks lighter maybe because I was at the ocean and its possible all the relected light could have made it look lighter. It does look darker at times. That is why I purchased the silver too since it hopefully will not get as hot.

How are you doing with the mpg in your cooler area? (You are in a nice state. I spent a vacation in Banner Elk one year.) I got 71.8 mpg on a 16 and a half mile round trip today. The last three days I got just over 60 mpg. Thanks for your responce.

You have me thinking that it is possible I don't have the moonstone interior. Before I went to the dealer I saw on their website the only silver car they had, had the moonstone. I never looked at the sticker on the car to confirm that. I just looked at the seats and liked what they looked like. The seats are a grey color. I will take a photo and post ot in a day or two so you can compare and let me know what you think.

9. Jim in NC

Jim in NC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you. I do like NC. Also spent one of my most memorable vacations in your state on Kauai.

Well I've only had my 2016 eco for 5 days. But after I picked it up Saturday, the 100 miles I drove in town Sat & Sun came out to ~68/69 mpg. It was kind of cool those days (up to 55 or so).

Monday and Tuesday I drove roundtrip to work (highway speeds) and got 61 and 60 mpg overall. In the mornings, the temp is in the low 40's. The new Prius has no problem warming up quickly. It's surprising how quick it will shut the gas engine down.

That is quite a bump up from my 2010 Prius which in the current weather would be lucky to get 50 overall in my highway driving.

#9 Jim in NC, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  10. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is my first Prius and I think it is wonderful. Those are great mpg for those temperatures.

I went to the Toyota web site but could not figure out how to see all the seat and interior colors. Anyway, it stopped raining so I went out and got a photo of the seats. What do you think? are they the same grey as your seats, or are they lighter? The light gey doesn't bother my eyes and may help keep the seats from getting too hot in the summer. DSC01720.jpg