1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just purchased 2005 Prius, all dash lights on, AC works, drives fine, then limp mode, turn off/on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Archer472, Mar 24, 2016.

1. S Keith

S Keith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Wait, what?

This is no longer a one-owner, dealer-maintained car. This is now a car that was sold at dealer auction (likely with a known problem), bought by a flipper who will likely conduct major maintenance NOT performed by a dealer, and that maintenance would NEVER be done by a dealer...

So... it's pretty clear that you intend to exploit someone by misrepresenting the vehicle.

Again, had your intentions been clear, i.e., "please help me make this car appear to be top notch so I can swindle somebody by misrepresenting it," I wouldn't have offered to help.

Normally, this is where I wish someone luck. We're past that point. I honestly hope you take a loss on it.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope sorry...I have to agree..not any more.
    This is a sold at auctioned, current owner doesn't want to invest $120 to have the codes read, "problem".

You could eat off the engine?
    It's called "detailing"....probably done by the auction house.
    An 11 year old Prius with 170,00+ miles on it?
    Trust me, at some point the engine wasn't clean.

I'd really never buy a used vehicle on the basis of how clean it looks. That's just too easy, simple to do, and is often just the type of cheap cosmetics that mean nothing when the real problems start to surface.

edthefox5 likes this.