1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just purchased 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by That Girl19, Feb 5, 2012.

1. That Girl19

That Girl19 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Hi Everyone....

I took the plunge and purchased a one-owner Toyota Certified Prius on 1/30/2012 with 75,000 miles on it. So far, I am enjoying all the bells and whistles. It is a huge change from my 2003 Toyota Corolla LE.

I understand the gas tank holds 11+ gallons. Wondering if there's something wrong with the sensor in the tank when the tank showed one click until Empty; I refilled the tank and it only would take 6.5 gallons.

Looking forward to learning as I read through the forum posts!

~~ThatGirl

2. jstraw20

jstraw20 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

The Gen II Prius has a flexible bladder inside the fuel tank, sometimes it fails to expand properly when you're gassing up, especially in cold weather. There are numerous threads about this issue thruout the forum, but here's how to get the most gas into the tank as possible in a nutshell:

1)When you pull up to the pump, take the cap off of the fuel tank and let it sit for a minute or so to allow the pressure to equalize.

2)Pump your gas at the slowest setting the pump will allow. This will give the bladder time to expand evenly. Don't try to "top off", stop pumping the first time the pump shuts off as sometimes the bladder will spit the topped off gas right back out at you.

Welcome aboard!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :welcome: all the best!