1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Purchased 2013 Prius Hatchback with Advanced Tech

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ElectricSpike, Jun 17, 2016.

1. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    This site has been so great for information, and opinions. Thank you all! Now it feels "official" - we signed papers yesterday for a 2013 Prius V/Five (not wagon, but hatchback) with 86,300 miles, great records, with Advanced Tech package. We will pick it up on Saturday morning (needs to have the DMV-1 and insurance binder completed today, and with rush hour traffic taking us almost 2 hours to drive the 37 miles, we will wait for Saturday morning.)

It is fairly nerve wracking doing all the due diligence for the purchase of a used car. We live South of Boston, and drove all over looking. We purchased in Acton. I like the dealer, but will wait to see how everything finishes up before a final say. We feel like we have a fair purchase, and look forward to many years with our Prius - it is black-with-silver rocker panels. We are thinking of names, and will post photos soon!

2. sushi1026

sushi1026 107mpg

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats on your new car! Many happy miles to come!

ElectricSpike likes this.
  3. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations and welcome to the Prius community. We'll all be looking forward to some pictures.

4. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your car will be wonderful in the awful traffic. Congrats & enjoy!

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congratulations! can't wait for the pics, all the best.(y)

6. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just drove our new Prius home from the dealer in Acton, mostly highway miles, stopped at a grocery store, then in-town miles drive home. Was very happy to see 56.6 MPG on the first trip, and 57.8 on the second trip. I realize that I now need to keep track via fill-ups, rather than using the onboard computer, but it still feels good. I've read a lot about technique, but need to practice more - I'd love to be able to (without driving more than usual!) get up it to 60 mpg.

bisco likes this.
  7. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats on your purchase.

You might want to update/change your Avatar. It says "V", when it really should say "Five". The Roman Numerals were discontinued in 2011. It will save confusion if you were to make this change otherwise some might think you have the "V" Station Wagon instead of the "Five" Hatchback.

Best of luck to you! (y)

8. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you, dorunron, I just made that change.

dorunron likes this.
  9. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I posted these photos in the "Newbies" area in a thread there, but thought I should post them here as well, as I first said I would in this thread:

Photos of our "new to us" 2013 Prius Five with AdvTech package. We especially love the HUD - the Nav takes some getting used to, and we will still travel with our Garmin, but I like the larger display on the Prius Nav, and so far it works fine for around town. We will need to purchase some snow rims/tires. It has been well taken care of, and had 86,300 miles on it when purchased. Our 22 year old son especially loves all the tech - (also, he has had a lower back disc rupture in the past, and he raves about the comfortable drivers' seat.) My best mpg so far has been 70.6. We have named our Prius The Falcon.

Prius01.jpg Prius02.jpg prius03.jpg Prius04.jpg

sushi1026 and WolfpackBill like this.
  10. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Nice Pics. You definitely got the top of the line there. Enjoy!

11. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I know - I'm getting really attached to the HUD and the LKA. We weren't looking for top of the line, but for a reasonable "Four" - preferably 2012-2013 (we needed the automatic seat - my husband is 6'5" and we felt that the increased adjustment abilities were important.) Most Prii that I researched had a "red flag" on the Toyota Owners' site - since this had high miles, but good records, and was reasonably priced, we were sold. We are used to high mile purchases - we bought our 1993 Volvo 940 with 145,000 miles on it, and it has 250,000+ miles on it. We will be retiring it when our son gets a job and has moved to a place of his own.

12. alisonc

alisonc New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Very nice! I'm new to the Prius family too -- just bought my 2013 Prius Three yesterday here in Farmington Hills, MI.

13. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Congratulations, Alison! Have fun exploring your new to you Prius. I hope that you have a manual for the navigation/phone system. It is not very intuitive. If not, you can download what you need from the Toyota Owners' site. I found that very helpful.

14. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats on your purchase and "Welcome to Prius Chat"! (y)

15. alisonc

alisonc New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you!! I haven't found a need for the manual for the head unit, it is a bit clunky to navigate but at least it doesn't randomly change audio inputs from Bluetooth/USB/Aux like the Ford Sync system I had in a rental 2016 Fiesta all last week. I did accidentally find the factory nav the other day though.