1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just signed for a new Prius :)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by djsandman, Feb 28, 2012.

1. djsandman

djsandman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just signed paperwork on a new 2012 Prius III w/ Sunroof, tinted windows, leather seats, bumper protector and ToyoGuard Plus.

I have a couple questions.....

First, how did I do at getting them to come down to $30,330? They marked $1k off which seems good by my research, but you guys would know more than I would. Final sale price was $33,112 after taxes and fees.

Also, they're saying it could take 30 days to get the car. Is this usual? It has an availability date of 2/29 so I don't expect many problems getting it soon. It's like Tom Petty says, the waiting is the hardest part.

2. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Not so sure on the first part, as I am terrible with that.

As for the days to delivery, that is due to the fact that most of their cars are 'pre-made'. If you are looking for a specific setup, it may have to be shipped from another dealership or made for that specific configuration. I know I had my heart set on a Blue ribbon Metalic Prius v 5 with ATP, but none were available within a 50 mi radius. I settled with a Silver or White in my area.

1 person likes this.
  3. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm guessing that since the 3 does not come with leather, that will have to be added, as will the Toyoguard (whatever that is). So the car has to get to the dealership, be sent out for the leather (or the leather is added on at the port), then the rest of the stuff added, it all takes time. It should be a great car, enjoy!

1 person likes this.
  4. djsandman

djsandman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks guys, I had suspected both as reasons. It does have an availability date of 2/29/12 so I'm expecting the waiting time shouldn't go past 30 days. I'm willing to wait to get what I want though so I don't mind it.

5. itsallgood

itsallgood New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know what else you have on your car but I am picking mine up tomorrow, got a great deal through the Cosco auto purchase program, (I KNOW how weird is that????) I am getting a Prius III with solar sunroof and nav for 26,000 and change. It took 2 days for the dealer to find the car and get it up here. Will let you know how much hard sell and pressure I get tomorrow when I pick it up i.e., extended warranty, extras etc. I am going to stand firm though...... after reading some of the posts on this site, I know that I don't have to get the extended warranty when I pick up the car which is nice to know. Knowledge is power.......