1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just won a Prius - questions please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kthynoll, Oct 15, 2006.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Oct 15 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]333074[/snapback]</div>
    We have had BOTH leather AND fabric. Actually, the cheezy cloth fabric gets dirty real easy, collects dust (erog, mites / allergies) and wears WAY way worse than our leather ever does. On the other hand, the leather is NOT so cool in the winter, or hot in the summer, that we would ever consider not having it. Heck, even if you simply consider resale value you'd have to be a nut not to get leather.

2. Gabe

Gabe New Member

Have 06 Seaside Pearl with grey interior, would go bisque...

Definitely get the bisque fabric if you're concerned about keeping it looking clean. I know it's counterintuitive, but dust and dirt show much more on the grey. Last car was a corolla with cloth interior very similar to the bisque, after 4 yrs the interior looked nearly perfect still. The grey floor mats in our Prius looked pretty dirty after 2 weeks of very light use in the summer time so we got the all weather oem mats, love em. The grey plastic also shows scuffs MUCH more than the the lighter colored tan plastic in our corolla. I've had leather seats before and as nice as they are at first, won't get them again because they WILL show age faster than cloth.

3. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kthynoll @ Oct 15 2006, 11:22 AM) [snapback]333065[/snapback]</div>
    Wow! congratulations. Do you have it yet? They are a blast to drive. They come with so many bells and whistles and gadgets (gadzooks, do I love gadgets), that they are just a fun car. They are also very ecologically friendly.

4. italyfilez

italyfilez New Member

Wow! Congrats! That's so awesome. We all ha to buy ours...

Icommend you on such a good choice colro (here). I have a 2005 and bisque inside. I find that it looks great. It doesn't hide stains as well but makes the car lighter and more welcoming (not that the Prius needs more attention/friendliness).

Congrats and enjoy the ride!

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A month later and that person never returned??

6. pinball

pinball New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well Done and enjoy your Prius

Mine came with the light grey cloth that this forum said got dirty very easily and was hard to clean.
    I ended up making some covers for the door armrests and the centre console - out of material from an old seat cover.
    Then I covered the seats with proper seat covers.
    Leather is lovely and luxurious but can get hot in summer and cold in winter.